Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

car owner not impreza with poilce driving his evo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Sep 2010, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

car owner not impreza with poilce driving his evo

Cops Suspended Over Illicit Sports Car Roll | Orange UK

HOW PISSED WOULD YOU BE
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2010, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Re: car owner not impreza with poilce driving his evo

I would be extremely pissed off.
I also agree with one of the comments on that site on how the officers should replace the vehicle and then be sacked.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

damn right they should pay for it, but i can tell you tho i would find it hard not to have a little go wouldnt you, but then again i own a scooby and know driven a car like that aint like jumping in ya grans car. not sure sacking them would be right they have made a mistake and crashed and no one was hurt. HOWEVER if they had hurt anyone then jail and no job.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Pi**ed off big time but dont think they should be sacked, suspended without pay and also pay for the car they wrecked and re-train them again how to drive a car
Old 15 Sep 2010, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

they should be made to buy the owner a new of same standard evo. Unfortunatly us tax payers will buy the guy a new one due to it been our recklass police force that did it.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Normal procedure is to use a recovery vehicle - I WONDER why they decided to take his for a run! The taxpayer will end up paying for this as said above. They would throw the book at us so good enough for them - sack em!
Old 15 Sep 2010, 06:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Funny thing is they take the car saying he could cause an accident, then they write it off themselves........................................ ............................................... Again thinking about this logically they would have told him all what could happen with speeding etc and told him he was a danger to others blah blah blah including a danger to himself probably. Funny thing is this was his car which he is used to and probably never crashed. Only for an incompetant officer of the law (probably with little experience in a car of this power) does this. Now who should be the ones paying silly insurance. Us performance car owners generally look after the car, know the cars limits, dont want the car damaged spend loads on security and generally dont claim off the insurance unless some idiot runs into us. Seems unfair really doesnt it that we pay the high premium. Insurance STINKS...... about time the real causes of accidents and people with low security on cars pay the premiums.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 07:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

There's no excuse for drink driving, I don't condone the actions of the idiots who took his car for a spin but makes me think that anyone caught drink driving should have their car crushed, you would only need to crush a few cars and a lot of people would soon think twice about drink driving !
Anyway back to the story, what a pair of bell ends !
Old 15 Sep 2010, 07:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Have to agree about the drink driving. The driver will have to accept his punishment just as much as the cops will!
Old 16 Sep 2010, 11:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

What idiots getting into a car like that and wrecking it. I doubt very much they drive a car like this day to day and you need time to get used to high power car before throwing it around a bit.

They should have let the owner drive it home would have done better drunk, and i dont agree with drink driving at all.

Old 16 Sep 2010, 12:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

yeah as my earlier post i wasnt refering to agreeing with drink driving i meant us safe drivers that maybe break speed limits but there is a time and a place. we all know that
Old 16 Sep 2010, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-WRX-Import View Post
There's no excuse for drink driving, I don't condone the actions of the idiots who took his car for a spin but makes me think that anyone caught drink driving should have their car crushed, you would only need to crush a few cars and a lot of people would soon think twice about drink driving !
Anyway back to the story, what a pair of bell ends !
he has not been charged with drink driving yet, however totally agree with your point. happend to a mate of mine who works for the railways, got up ay 4am on saterday morning to drive a train, on the way to work he was pulled and arrested for drink driving (POLICE COULD SMELL DRINK ON HIM!!!!) they asked if he had been drink NO he said. he actually blew over the limit on the test, went to station and went on the machine there but before he could do it another officer asked the same questions as before but ADDED HAVE YOU USED ANY MOUTH WASH THIS MORNING? yes was the answer and thats why he failed at the raod side but passed in the police station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAutos View Post
Funny thing is they take the car saying he could cause an accident, then they write it off themselves........................................ ............................................... Again thinking about this logically they would have told him all what could happen with speeding etc and told him he was a danger to others blah blah blah including a danger to himself probably. Funny thing is this was his car which he is used to and probably never crashed. Only for an incompetant officer of the law (probably with little experience in a car of this power) does this. Now who should be the ones paying silly insurance. Us performance car owners generally look after the car, know the cars limits, dont want the car damaged spend loads on security and generally dont claim off the insurance unless some idiot runs into us. Seems unfair really doesnt it that we pay the high premium. Insurance STINKS...... about time the real causes of accidents and people with low security on cars pay the premiums.
good point well made im sick of insurance going up just because i move post codes i moved 6 miles down the raod and it went up to 1200 from 650
Old 16 Sep 2010, 04:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Could have been worse, could have been a Scooby. He was a t****r for drink driving anyway. As for the Police they should know better but they will get away with it
Old 16 Sep 2010, 04:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-WRX-Import View Post
that anyone caught drink driving should have their car crushed, you would only need to crush a few cars and a lot of people would soon think twice about drink driving !
Good point, You should be Prime Minister fella Id get people over to vote for ya AND have the roads with no speed limits and list goes on lol
Old 16 Sep 2010, 04:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAutos View Post
Us performance car owners generally look after the car, know the cars limits, dont want the car damaged spend loads on security and generally dont claim off the insurance unless some idiot runs into us. Seems unfair really doesnt it that we pay the high premium. Insurance STINKS...... about time the real causes of accidents and people with low security on cars pay the premiums.
True and a lot of young drivers ripping by in scoobies given us good drivers bad names and have to pay high insurance for our pride in joy annoying really