Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

final few questions/advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Sep 2010, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

final few questions/advice

hello everyone,

would just like to start by saying thankyou all for your replys in my previous posts.

got a few more questions before i start modding

as some of you may know i have decided to get a new turbo for my 2005 sti ppp (lateral performance md321t) along with some 650 injectors.

i plan on having the car mapped to around 400 bhp so that i can keep stock internals for the time being
first question is.
will the car keep all of its reliability with stock internals at this power. as it is my daily driver?

secondly.
am i still gonna be able to use the stock subaru dump valve? if not what sort. and will the standard airbox still be ok to use with a pannle filter, or am i gonna need a ik. again if so what sort

and is there anything you think i have missed

thanks,
lee.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2010, 07:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: final few questions/advice

Decat or partial decat with a sports cat and fuel pump. Don't think you need an ik and the standard Subaru dv will be fine
Old 13 Sep 2010, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Maybe an uprated intercooler too and you better hope your clutch is in good cond. I think the standard internals should be ok as your pistons are forged in an sti anyway.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Scooby

i was gonna stick with the standard intercooler for now untill a can afford a nice front mount.

have still got a prodrive sports cat in dp do you think it would be worth decatting over the sports?

i hope the clutch is in good cond too is that asking a bit much from a standard clutch then?
Old 13 Sep 2010, 08:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

I would keep only the sports cat for mot purposes - just thinking if yours is an sti and ppp then that should be the only one left anyway. My wrx was 225bhp when i bought it in january - within a few months it was 260+. a month later the clutch started to slip. It really depends how it is drivin and how many miles are already on it. If it does go I would change for a sightly uprated fast road clutch desingned to handle a bit more power
Old 13 Sep 2010, 09:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Scooby

car has only done 20,000 miles so i spose it might last a while.
then again its not the end of the world if it did go. its the engine parts im more worried about.
thanks for your help.

Last edited by rockyfosgate; 13 Sep 2010 at 09:12 PM.