Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

WRX problem help needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Sep 2010, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

WRX problem help needed

Hello I own a impreza sti 98 import, however I have a friend who owns a uk spec impreza wrx 98 and has had problems for a while now.

Basically we have compression on all 4 cylinders, we have a spark, and we also have fuel. Injectors have been cleaned incase it was those, crank sensor, cam sensor replaced with mine off my car and still nothing. A number of other sensors from the left side of bay have been changed incase it was one of those, still nothing.

If car is bump started, it runs on left side only, and only if held on say 2-4k revs, now it wont even fire, it does try sometimes, but nothing.

it was tuned a while ago and ran fine, had heads done twice and was fine then one day stopped working, almost randomly. we've tried all fuses as far as I remember. and fuel pump does pump fuel through as we took line off the rail.

We have ran out of ideas... timing has been done few times to double check, it isnt possible for the crank to be 180 degrees out is it?
Offline   Reply With Quote