Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Hoping to Buy - Complication!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Sep 2010, 01:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: Hoping to Buy - Complication!

There are also a few companies who sell insurance for one day for situations like this. Had a friend who bought a car recently and used this to get his new car home
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2010, 10:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Yeah I looked into temporary cover. Most don't cover cars like this.

Though with the official HPI check they include 7 days cover on the car you check!

That said, I am really not happy today.

The car I was about to buy has been involved in an accident. I'm not yet sure on the extent of the damage. I guess it it's a write off then I'll have to pull out, so here's hoping that it's minor and easily repairable.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 11:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaimprezawrx View Post
That said, I am really not happy today.

The car I was about to buy has been involved in an accident. I'm not yet sure on the extent of the damage. I guess it it's a write off then I'll have to pull out, so here's hoping that it's minor and easily repairable.

If this car has been involved in an accident. Look for another one..

Old 14 Sep 2010, 11:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002pete View Post
If this car has been involved in an accident. Look for another one..
Well I've been told the person behind didn't stop.... don't think it is a serious collision
Old 14 Sep 2010, 02:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

dont bother with this car it is only going to cause you more problems in fact with all the issues you mention i would reconsider the whole exercise yeah you sound like you can buy one but can you afford one sorry if that sounds bad but you want to enjoy ownership not regret it and not be able to afford upkeep these are high performance cars that perform best with regular maintenance and service cost can be high this is an area that cannot be compromised .... this is probably your dream car sorry for sounding harsh but there is no point if you cant afford to enjoy it
Old 17 Sep 2010, 10:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo View Post
dont bother with this car it is only going to cause you more problems in fact with all the issues you mention i would reconsider the whole exercise yeah you sound like you can buy one but can you afford one sorry if that sounds bad but you want to enjoy ownership not regret it and not be able to afford upkeep these are high performance cars that perform best with regular maintenance and service cost can be high this is an area that cannot be compromised .... this is probably your dream car sorry for sounding harsh but there is no point if you cant afford to enjoy it
thanks for your thoughts

i guess to be honest it was always a case of "do i want to have it" as I can afford it, it just means not having other things!

apprantly the damage is minor. rear bumper needs replacing & apparently there are no spare parts in the country. I'm trying to think what implications this has. Surely the insurers are not going to be happy waiting for parts to arrive...
Old 20 Sep 2010, 09:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

now i know there are issues with rover parts for repairs a while ago a rover 75 was waitin at the a bodyshop i worked in for months due to parts issues but ive never heard of a subaru issue with parts lol, sounds a littl edodgy to me, i might be wrong but maybe the delay is due to damage been worse than than say and taking more time to repair. you'd be able to tell that though if they let you see it when finished you'd see that the boot floor had been painted, pulled, replaced etc, dont buy it. you'll only regret it
Old 20 Sep 2010, 09:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAutos View Post
now i know there are issues with rover parts for repairs a while ago a rover 75 was waitin at the a bodyshop i worked in for months due to parts issues but ive never heard of a subaru issue with parts lol, sounds a littl edodgy to me, i might be wrong but maybe the delay is due to damage been worse than than say and taking more time to repair. you'd be able to tell that though if they let you see it when finished you'd see that the boot floor had been painted, pulled, replaced etc, dont buy it. you'll only regret it
why would i regret it? If it's properly repaired and hasnt been a write off surely it wouldn't affect me? espcially if i managed to negeotiate a lower price to suit
Old 20 Sep 2010, 10:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaimprezawrx View Post
why would i regret it? If it's properly repaired and hasnt been a write off surely it wouldn't affect me? espcially if i managed to negeotiate a lower price to suit
As long as its been properly repaired etc and lower price maybe you wouldnt but a lot would walk away. I had an immaculate astra gsi a few years ago and sumbody ran into the back of me (a friend actually which made it worse lol) it happened at 9pm one night. By 1am it was repaired and painted but i still put it up for sale as i dint want a car that had been repaired even though id done it properly but thats just me lol im picky and a perfectionist. My point is ask for pictures of the damage or ask to see the car. Then you know how bad it was etc, just make sure your happy with it.