Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Wedding Car Request

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2010, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Wedding Car Request

Hi Guys (and girls?)

Complete newbie here so hope I've posted this in the right place...

My fiance has always been hooked on Impreza's but never yet managed to take the plunge and buy one. I'm actually the one that's encouraging it as his Mondeo has seen better days, but so far the closest he's got is the Subaru Challenge Scalextric set I got him last Christmas haha!

A long shot I know but just wondering if there's anyone here in the Milton Keynes (ish) area that for petrol/beer money would be willing to drive the future hubby and his best man one way from MK to Silverstone on a Friday next April??

Could just imagine his face if his dream car turned up on his doorstep to take him to our wedding as he's currently getting a lift in the best man's K-reg Nissan Sunny (classy eh!)

Thanks for reading, and fingers crossed someone can help me out
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: Wedding Car Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemma1986 View Post

So far the closest he's got is the Subaru Challenge Scalextric set I got him last Christmas haha!

Could just imagine his face if his dream car turned up on his doorstep to take him to our wedding as he's currently getting a lift in the best man's K-reg Nissan Sunny (classy eh!)
Awwww

Oi, My very first car was a Red Nissan Sunny - loved it

I'm a bit too far too travel but you never know someone might take you up. Be good if you could get a nice blue one with all the decals same as the WRC cars, bet he'd love that. And of course a decat exhaust for the sound.

Thinking about what he originally paid for his Mondeo, could he not buy a scooby though? It's been one of my cheapest cars i've purchased for a long time.

Wishing you both all the luck in the world
Old 18 Aug 2010, 07:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Good luck, hope a member can help !
Old 18 Aug 2010, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

drop me a pm if you dont get this sorted, sure can rustle something up
Old 18 Aug 2010, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

All the best for the wedding, I'm sure somebody on here will help you out
Old 18 Aug 2010, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Just imagine a fleet of Rex's with ribbons and bows with the beautiful flat4 burble leaving the church.
This has to be one of the local paper too !
Old 18 Aug 2010, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Best of luck with the wedding hope someone sort you out
Old 03 Sep 2010, 06:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Hi!

My first post here... I am actually only about 20mins from MK. The problem is I don't have the car (yet).

I am after a white or blue Impreza WRX no older than 57... the problem is that my current insurer won't cover the car so I'd have to cancel & not gain another years no claims & I don't seem to able to get insured for less than 1100!

I really really wish I could help you out!
Old 03 Sep 2010, 08:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

tonight I am one step closer to the dream car. The problem is that my current insurer wont cover it. So I will need to view the car. Pay deposit. Cancel current insurance. Purhcase new policy using no claims bonus from start of the current policy. Obviously then wont be able to drive current car so will need a lift to pick up the new car. Am I missing anything here?
Old 03 Sep 2010, 10:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

i really hope that you get it sorted mate, im a bit far away and only drive a classic
Old 24 Sep 2010, 08:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thanks for all your well wishes guys, really appreciate it (and sorry I've been awol for a while, this is the first day off alone I've had in ages... think having the Impreza forum up while the OH was around might have given the game away!)

@wannaimprezawrx - any further progress on your dream car insurance probs? If you were to find one by April, would you be willing to do it?

@tidgy - cheers, will drop you a PM if not sorted in the next couple of months or so.

We saw an amazingly well cared for blue Impreza on Sunday at the Renault World Series in Silverstone... the OH was practically drooling over it! I casually mentioned Sharmore's cost vs Mondeo comment (get me sounding like I knew what I was talking about!!) but he said it'll always be the dream, never the reality...
Old 24 Sep 2010, 08:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemma1986 View Post
Thanks for all your well wishes guys, really appreciate it (and sorry I've been awol for a while, this is the first day off alone I've had in ages... think having the Impreza forum up while the OH was around might have given the game away!)

@wannaimprezawrx - any further progress on your dream car insurance probs? If you were to find one by April, would you be willing to do it?

@tidgy - cheers, will drop you a PM if not sorted in the next couple of months or so.

We saw an amazingly well cared for blue Impreza on Sunday at the Renault World Series in Silverstone... the OH was practically drooling over it! I casually mentioned Sharmore's cost vs Mondeo comment (get me sounding like I knew what I was talking about!!) but he said it'll always be the dream, never the reality...
Hi - I was so nearly there with getting the car.... but have hit other problems (see other thread if you're bored and want a read!)

I was at silverstone on the weekend too...

Is it the older style he is into? The one I am hoping to get is the latest model.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 08:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaimprezawrx View Post
Hi - I was so nearly there with getting the car.... but have hit other problems (see other thread if you're bored and want a read!)

I was at silverstone on the weekend too...

Is it the older style he is into? The one I am hoping to get is the latest model.
Blimey, all that accident stuff sounds like a bit of a nightmare - hope you get it all resolved, seems to be mixed feelings on the other thread.

Ah cool, was a good day albeit a bit chilly! Practically every car I predicted would win, lost... although not as bad as him - he picked the yellow/green one in the Megane cup, you know the one that people were cheering and clapping at cos it did sooo badly!!

I don't think he's too fussed to be honest. It's the blue ones he eyes up but we've seen plenty of the older and newer ones out and about recently and they always seem to get his attention!
Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Hey,

I have a New Age Prodrive STI in blue with the gold rims, Im in Luton.

Pm me also if you get stuck!

It needs the bumber and scoop resprayed but should be done by then!

Chris
Old 24 Sep 2010, 10:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

As it's such an important day for you I'd say try contacting your local Subaru dealer, they might be willing to tap up a few customers for you. Also try Total Impreza magazine.
You could end up with a mini convoy for your wedding That would make an excellent article too !! How about that for your wedding pics