Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Pug sold, now i need a scooby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2005, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Pug sold, now i need a scooby

the check came in the post yesterday, £7500, now i need to wait for it to be picked up to be shipped and the cheque to clear then im going scooby hunting so if anyone sees and good buys let us know, i also gotta go insurance shopping
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2005, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
ur pug isnt subject of one of these scams is it mate read alot about them on findit.co.uk a while ago where people were sending cheques for amounts above the value of the car and saying its for the shipping costs then sending a agent round on their behalf to pick the car up the cheques initially clear then bounce later dont know how it works it just does so be carefull-you probably know this already-just wouldnt want u 2 get ripped off thats all.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Yeah I heard about that 2, the scammers use counterfeit cheques, you cash em as normal and the bank clear them cos the money does come out of some poor souls account, but when that person realises…. the bank comes back to you and says the cheque was counterfeit and you basically owe the money back to the bank. Really nasty..

Will
Old 17 Apr 2005, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Ditto whats been said above - I ended up contacting Watch Dog about this as I had no-end of enquiries wanting to buy my scoob where they would pay me more money for it and I would send them the difference and they would come and collect it via a shipping agent.

The cheque they give you initially clears but its false and you lose the money, your car and have a nasty hole in your back account !!

I hope this isn't the case mate ??
Old 17 Apr 2005, 07:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

i had an email off them when i was selling the discovery but never replyed steered well clear of them :shock:
Old 18 Apr 2005, 06:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Big E
mine is for sale m8 if interested :cry: