Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Strange garage owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jul 2010, 03:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Strange garage owner

Guys,

Went to a garage that some one told me about today, was having a conversation with the guy who owns it, regarding some work I may be getting done, and then for no reason started sayin things like " last thing i need is you watching over my shoulder, drop your car off and then leave, if you dont trust me go somewhere else"etc, this was all without me saying anything

seems really strange to me, why would he want me to leave? Im not sure if i can trust this guy now,but he was reccommended through an aquintance.

I cant help thinking he doesnt want me there so he can say hes done such and such and not bothered then charge me for it, or hes a cowboy?

What do you guys think?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2010, 07:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: Strange garage owner

go else where mate that easy
Old 06 Jul 2010, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

walk away, whast he trying to hide?

might not be anything, might just not like having people look over his shoulder, but personaly i wouldn't go anywhere with an attitude like that.
Old 06 Jul 2010, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Go elsewhere
Old 06 Jul 2010, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

walk away, go somewhere else
Old 06 Jul 2010, 01:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Thats terrible. If it's the garage i mentioned to you they dont even have a seat for you to sit and wait lol!! But they are Subaru approved and know exactly what there talking about, i don't think for a minute you would be getting charged for something they didn't do, and any work is guaranteed.

BUT trust your instinct and go somewhere else i think. There's just no need to talk to you that way. Sometimes i have felt like hanging over the mechanic to see whats what, but i already get talked to like a bimbo cause i'm a woman just when booking it in, they would just laugh at me

Actually sometimes i do hang about a bit like yesterday was getting a tyre repaired and it was taking too long, i walked right into the workshop asking what's happening, the staff all shuffled about leaving the supervisor who was like 15 minutes, of course i just looked at him and said no 5 minutes
Old 07 Jul 2010, 01:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharmore View Post
Thats terrible. If it's the garage i mentioned to you they dont even have a seat for you to sit and wait lol!! But they are Subaru approved and know exactly what there talking about, i don't think for a minute you would be getting charged for something they didn't do, and any work is guaranteed.

BUT trust your instinct and go somewhere else i think. There's just no need to talk to you that way. Sometimes i have felt like hanging over the mechanic to see whats what, but i already get talked to like a bimbo cause i'm a woman just when booking it in, they would just laugh at me

Actually sometimes i do hang about a bit like yesterday was getting a tyre repaired and it was taking too long, i walked right into the workshop asking what's happening, the staff all shuffled about leaving the supervisor who was like 15 minutes, of course i just looked at him and said no 5 minutes
Good for you fpr sticking to your guns, Im gonna trust my instincts and find somewhere else.
Old 08 Jul 2010, 10:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

You can let us know how you get on and if you do find someone you can trust
Old 08 Jul 2010, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

I think the general concensus is to walk away ha ha ha.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 02:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Hi Sharmore,

Thought I would conclude this thread, Ive been going to Hypertech in Bonnybridge, 01324 812 212, the guys called Duncan, very very nice guy, spent ages chatting and explaining this to me, his mrs is also quite knowlegdable, so you could chat to her while you are having your car worked on.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

So good you found someone your happy with and sounds like a scoob fanatic, not to far from me either.

I've decided the garage i mentioned are too expensive and found myself a proper grease monkey loves scoob's and skylines so, feel safe enough to let him loose on my baby lol!

I'm starting to get a bit of knowledge myself now thanks to the internet and this site of course. Got a lead due in a couple of days, my laptop and will be having a little mess about with diagnostics etc, can't wait. Even have acess to a garage with ramp so if i really want to get my nails dirty i can (which i won't of course!) First car i've ever had where i have been interested in the engine lol!

Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharmore View Post
So good you found someone your happy with and sounds like a scoob fanatic, not to far from me either.

I've decided the garage i mentioned are too expensive and found myself a proper grease monkey loves scoob's and skylines so, feel safe enough to let him loose on my baby lol!

I'm starting to get a bit of knowledge myself now thanks to the internet and this site of course. Got a lead due in a couple of days, my laptop and will be having a little mess about with diagnostics etc, can't wait. Even have acess to a garage with ramp so if i really want to get my nails dirty i can (which i won't of course!) First car i've ever had where i have been interested in the engine lol!

Give it 6 months and you will be tweaking your own maps lol
Old 17 Aug 2010, 10:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye_bob View Post
Give it 6 months and you will be tweaking your own maps lol
I do hope so, only snag i have PPP so know the ECU will be locked but i'm sure i will get the code if i need IT i can do no probs getting nails dirty depends on how well polished they are at the time

Got a bit of a prob with my brakes - they just need a good clean (I think) and the thought of taking the whole lot apart and putting back together appeals

Trouble is i now want to know what everyone is doing and what part is what when getting anything done - so will become a bit of a pain