Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Looking to buy my First Impreza

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jul 2010, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Question Looking to buy my First Impreza

Hi all,
Im new here today, i joined because im looking to buy an impreza, a turbo 2000, for insurance reasons, and i was wondering what i should look out for? Are there any common problems with them? Im looking at spending less than 4000 for a late model, 99 or 00.
I currently drive a Honda S2000 but selling it as im moving to a different area and dont want to leave a convertible on the street as im worried the roof would get slashed like it has been before. Plus ive wanted an impreza since i was about 14 lol. AND i need to make some money on selling my car to put me through the rest of university.

I watched this which is supposed to be telling you what to look out for, but im not sure i trust a man with those sideburns

Thanks,
Marc
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2010, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: Looking to buy my First Impreza

Hiya,

Soz i'm not clued up on prices for what ages of cars unless i'm buying etc, like you said a 00 or bit older will get you through Uni easy and not cost the a mega fortune to run and insure, very good place to start before you move up to an STi which of course you will

I do know that after i bought my car i wished i saw this doc - see link below, it's a full checklist on what to look out for when buying any Subaru - well and truly covers everything you need to check.

Good luck and happy buying then driving

Subaru Impreza - Buying Checklist

Not sure if the link will actually go in as a link on a post or you will have to cut & paste
Old 05 Jul 2010, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Should pick a good example up for 3500 - 4000 the more your willing to part with the better you will get. Look for Full service history, any nasty or bad mods, signs of a prang or crash damage, check rear arches for rust etc. The checklist above is good to take with you when looking . My mate has just done the opposite and sold his Scooby for the S2000, deep down I think he wishes he had got another STi
Old 05 Jul 2010, 10:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

You could prob get a decent 01 or 02 bug eye for that cash if you like that style. Just means everything will be slightly newer and more modern - matter of taste really
Old 17 Aug 2010, 03:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

hehe...mine is a 2001 impreza ts 2.2l sold in canada with 220km and a couple of rust spot on the roof and fenders and it cost me 1.900$ canadian