Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Immobiliser problem Please Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2010, 12:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Re: Immobiliser problem Please Help

Good news!!!

Car started!!!

not without alot of messin about though! Disconnected the battery over night, reconnected it, at first nothing,keyfob had no effect, lights werent going on and off, then as I was about to get out of the car I gave it one last try and it started!

Could it be a new battery is needed? Or is it definatley the alarm? I think the battery maybe a longshot, but the alarm has been playing up alot, im too scared to fill her up now just in case it goes dead again

Is there a procedure I should follow? Maybe activate the alarm when filling up then press the button to disable, hopefully preventing a repeat of yesterday?

My instincts are to bin the alarm all together, and get something else installed.

What would you guys recommend I do?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2010, 02:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

I'm pretty sure on the Sigma alarm you can use the keypad fitted in the glove box to override the alarm and the immobiliser. Provided you have the code and the keypad. You can have it sorted but it's a Subaru dealer job, had to have mine done when I first bought it, they change the internals of the Alarm box so it's not on a tetra frequency which is what causes the interference I believe. Think mine cost around 80 and I got new fobs, never had any probs since. Might be a cheaper fix than a whole new alarm. Disconnecting the battery for periods will drain all the static (or interference) out of the alarm but park near a radio mast, police station, hospital, ambulance station etc who all use tetra frequency's and it will go again

Last edited by scoobymike79; 20 May 2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 20 May 2010, 04:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobymike79 View Post
I'm pretty sure on the Sigma alarm you can use the keypad fitted in the glove box to override the alarm and the immobiliser. Provided you have the code and the keypad. You can have it sorted but it's a Subaru dealer job, had to have mine done when I first bought it, they change the internals of the Alarm box so it's not on a tetra frequency which is what causes the interference I believe. Think mine cost around 80 and I got new fobs, never had any probs since. Might be a cheaper fix than a whole new alarm. Disconnecting the battery for periods will drain all the static (or interference) out of the alarm but park near a radio mast, police station, hospital, ambulance station etc who all use tetra frequency's and it will go again
Thanks for the advice, using that site I linked to in a previous post Ive counted 7 all within a mile radius from my flat! All the bloody networks are represented, even 3, which I thought nobody used!! To make matters the local Shell garage is right round the corner form where I got stuck yesterday!

The 80 for the new box, is that including labour?

What I dont understand though is I had to leave the battery disconnected over night, I did reconnect after a few hours but nothing worked, and im wondering if this morning was just a fluke.
Old 20 May 2010, 07:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Get it to an electrician fella, we're going round in circles and guessing now
Old 21 May 2010, 05:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

wnet to the shell garage, got stuck for 45 mins, went to an auto electrician, he said there's nothing worng with it, must be these mobikle phone towers, have decided to just get the bloody thing ripped out and get a clifford concept put in.
Old 23 May 2010, 10:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
wnet to the shell garage, got stuck for 45 mins, went to an auto electrician, he said there's nothing worng with it, must be these mobikle phone towers, have decided to just get the bloody thing ripped out and get a clifford concept put in.

I had a few problems with my P1 not starting...was doing my head in....had to use the code all the time in town...

But now I had the Sigma ripped out and the Clifford Concept 650 MK 11 put in...Not one problem now...
Old 23 May 2010, 03:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Thanks for the advice mate, glad to know your clifford is working properly, its the same alarm I was considering.
Old 23 May 2010, 07:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

I'm not sure about all this with the mobile phone masts but my old Sigma did exactly the same. If ya don't mind chucking a bit of money at it just get it ripped out and fit a Clifford.
Old 23 May 2010, 08:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Ive got a similar problem. I engage the immobiliser when i get in the car, the lights come on on the dash etc, think this is a standard immobiliser. Turn the key, 2 or 3 coughs and splutters then dies. Ive got myself a cat one system which im going to fit myself, my problem is how do i disconnect the old immobiliser? Cheers Gareth
Old 23 May 2010, 10:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Either get it to a shop or if you're local give BugEyeBob a shout.