Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Starting problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 May 2010, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Starting problems

Hi, just wanted to ask, when i try startinf my car, i turn the key and car sputters a few times then dies? Any ideas? Fuel supply? Fuel hoses? Maf? Dump valve? Plugs? Coil packs? I know it could be many of these, i cant get the car to a garage to get the codes cecked out. Cheers Gareth
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2010, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Starting problems

Starting Issues ? - Check list Check for spark and fuel take a plug out of the engine have it connected to lead or coilpack and sit the plug onto a good ground have some one start engine you should see a spark if not could be a coilpack problem or ignition, then take the line off the fuel filter on the outlet pipe of the filter and turn the ignition ON you'll hear the pump prime and fuel should fly out the pipe have rags good to have some one turn the key as petrol go everywhere,if fuel dont come out check the fuel pump, is it a classic impreza if so check the codes manually Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / Reading ECU Fault Codes and heres the codes Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / Subaru Specific Trouble Code Definitions do so at own risk

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 15 May 2010 at 11:55 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote