Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

ADVICE: MY05 or MY06??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Mar 2010, 04:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

ADVICE: MY05 or MY06??

Please help, I am thinking about getting a MY05 or MY06 WRX, they are roughly about the same price, I've checked out a few websites and it doesn't give me any clear pointers as in which one to choose, I was wondering if anyone can give me some first hand experiences between the 2 models.......... But I have to say I like the look of the MY06 more than the MY05!

I'll be clocking around 150 to 200ks on it everyday for work, so I am looking for reviews on how reliable, comfortable and economical it is to run also...............

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Carver
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2010, 08:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: ADVICE: MY05 or MY06??

unmodified they are very reliable. might be worth getting it mapped though because they tend to get better mpg after.

what milage are they?

are they both standard?

have you got any links to info about them?
Old 16 Mar 2010, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

will the 06 2.5L give better mpg? Probably a better cruiser than the 2L '05
Old 17 Mar 2010, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

I've got a 54 wrx with a few choice mods. Had it about a year now and if you drive sensibly your get around 250 miles to a tank, put your foot down and your struggle to get anymore than 190 miles to a tank. I use Tesco 99 Ron and usually fill it to the top when the indicator is reading at the 1/4 mark, its about 40 quid for that. As for comfort I found the seats a little hard to get use to at first for long journeys but after a few months you do get use to them. As far as the 2.5 over the 2.0ltr imo the 2.0ltr is still the engine of choice although I believe the 2.5 does give a little more torque lower down the rev range. To be honest though if you worried about mpg then I'm not sure an impreza is the motor your after?? They are pretty thirsty and need regular oil changes, around 6K miles. Although all that aside it will put a massive smile on your face when you give it the beans and has grip for days in the corners
Offline   Reply With Quote