Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Tesco 99 in Ireland. Comments welcome!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Mar 2010, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Tesco 99 in Ireland. Comments welcome!

I live in Derry in Northern Ireland. To get super I have to drive across the border 11 miles into rep of Ireland to Burt or 13 miles this side of the border to Limavady. Thats only for super! (97oct). Derry or Londonderry as its also known is a fairly big city. There are tesco branches with petrol in Derry and Limavady with no tesco 99 pump. I wonder if it is the same all over N.Ireland/ Ireland. We dont get V power or optimax or any proper high oct petrol. I would rather use the higher stuff all the time! At our local tesco there are 12 pumps. each pump has three nozzles - 2 premium unleaded and one diesel. Thats 36 nozzles and no chance of getting super or 99 in any of them. At the petrol stations I go to there is nearly a queue for super. Its normally impreza's n evo n stuff like that. If this problem affects you please comment. Even better do what I did and contact tesco and ask them why we cannot have it (still waiting on a reply!) If enough people complain then maybe we can get them to supply it. There is obviously a demand for it - there are plenty of quick cars over here and tons of jap imports which run on 100 in jap. If you're in any other forums please copy n paste this and get the word out that we're not happy petrol customers in Ireland!!!!!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: Tesco 99 in Ireland. Comments welcome!

No one else in ireland commenting - must be just me has the problem lol!
Old 10 Mar 2010, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Had the same problem fella and done exactly the same as you but I rang Maxol customer service to enquire about the Maxol E5 thats 99ron E5 Questions & Answers*-*Maxol Group - Fuel For All Engines. Maxol is Ireland's leading independent oil company its round most of Ireland but of course my luck it not roled out in Cork City yet or Galway rang them 12mths ago and they said it be roled out in 2-3mths still no joy a year on, I would have no problem ringing tesco as the more we complain and the more they hear us they might roll out the good stuff 99ron super
Old 11 Mar 2010, 01:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Interesting! I can get e85 in the place I get super but its ethanol based. Its higher ron again but I think some conversion work needs to be done. Think a few phone calls to Irish car mags to publish an article about this might help. Maybe we could get a list of names together and everyone pester them at once. Its only fair that we get what we need - they charge us enough for it!!!
Old 11 Mar 2010, 01:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Just read your thread on the e5. Just my luck that local garage has e85. E85 is far higher ethanol content than e5. Wish i could use that as e85 is far cheaper than even 95ron petrol. Need to be careful with it as its supposed to eat natural rubber parts such as hoses and o rings. Dont know if this affects impreza's but I wouldn't fancy finding ut the hard way!
Old 11 Mar 2010, 01:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

and its 104 ron. How good is that. Anyone do a conversion kit lol
Old 11 Mar 2010, 03:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles View Post
Think a few phone calls to Irish car mags to publish an article about this might help. Maybe we could get a list of names together and everyone pester them at once. Its only fair that we get what we need - they charge us enough for it!!!
<< ISDC - Irish Subaru Drivers Club - ISDC >> big site in Ireland aswell might get a lot of support off them

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 11 Mar 2010 at 03:05 AM.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

will have to look into it. Thanks for that.