Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

ANY IDEAS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2010, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

ANY IDEAS

when im driving round town at abt 30mph my car loses power engine doesnt cut it feels like the cars not getting fuel and will splutter for abt 2 5 seconds and then will drive ok again any ideas ?????? ive replaced coilpacks [all] when i first bought the car and plugs plus some times when im at juctions car will just cut out and the check engine light will come on had the car on the diangostics and no faults are cuming up any help would be great cheers car is 1994 wrx import
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2010, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Re: ANY IDEAS

i had similar on a 95 import changed the crank+ cam sensor and the problem cured the car only did it on idle and backing off throttle my mate told me it is quite a common problem and he has seen it on quite a few of the cars he has worked on might be worth a shot
Old 03 Mar 2010, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

How long was your last fuel filter change also could be a clogged fuel injector............
Old 03 Mar 2010, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

im gunna change the fuel filter at the weekend never changed that went i bought the car
Offline   Reply With Quote