Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

poxy sigma alarms !!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Feb 2005, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
poxy sigma alarms !!!!

went a ride out earlier tonight with a few mates 3scoobs and a pulsar gtir,anyway i know the alarm on me classics tempremental if near any transmitters of any kind,so we`re parked up in chesterfield chattin as u do-went to start it and guess what no go,so gets me mate to tow me about 800yds down road (out of range of the interference)and yay it works-2nd time this has happened now i know its a common problem with the sigmas and u can get an uprated receiver etc but just got no faith in it anymore. looking at clifford avital or toad nxt-any reccomendations u guys?????
Old 28 Feb 2005, 08:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Hi uk Dave
I used to have a clifford on my scoob, and they are very good for the amount of options you can set them up to,but that was very tempremental :x :evil: ,so i had that ripped out and replaced with an Autowatch,simple to use and very very reliable and is obviously a Cat 1,and thatchem approved.
450 to have the old one removed and the new one fitted,the bonus was they came to my house and done the work.The only downer was i had to keep'em supplied with tea,said they work better!!!!!
Hope i was able to help
Regards gleno
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2005, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via MSN to stevehulluk
hi mate had exactly the same problem with mine, i have just recently bought the toad ai606 with the shock sensors etc for spoiler and to stop the car being jacked up :evil: . all in 450 very happy with it :wink:
Old 28 Feb 2005, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to buzz
For your information ukdave, its not advisable to tow a scooby mate, its known to cause damage to the centre diff and gearbox.

For your info, to have a scooby recovered it must be flat bedded.

Buzz
Old 28 Feb 2005, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

thanks chaps for advice actually had a few mates today warn me off of clifford strange because generally i think theyve got a good rep,but i know ive done searches on scoobynet b4 and peoples complained about blackjax givin em grief or other niggly faults,ive got a mate that fits toads so may have to pop in and see him tho if it starts givin me grief later dnt wanna end up losin a mate over it ha ha u know what its like lol
Old 28 Feb 2005, 07:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz
For your information ukdave, its not advisable to tow a scooby mate, its known to cause damage to the centre diff and gearbox.

For your info, to have a scooby recovered it must be flat bedded.

Buzz
i know buzz mate but only if the front or rear wheels are off of the ground with the others rolling this was just by me mates scooby on a rope so no damage caused.
Old 28 Feb 2005, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Steven managed to get this file earlier in the year... handy doc.

http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subaru...structions.pdf
Old 28 Feb 2005, 07:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999Turbo
Steven managed to get this file earlier in the year... handy doc.

http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subaru...structions.pdf
cheers for that mate,though tried pin code already and its been changed from original coz the one i got from subaru didnt work when put into it!!! gutted just want rid of the sigma alltogether really,got a mate at the mo with a blk 03sti who used to have a bugeye wrx and said his overide code didnt used to work all the time either!!! not really impressed with subaru on these things surely somebody somewhere tests em-dont get me wrong i know theyre not all bad its just the frequency mine runs on(unlucky 4 me)as me mate that towed me last nights got a sigma on his classic he he but then again hes had 2 engine rebuilds in last 6mths-think i`ll stick with my dodgy alarm lol