Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Inlet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Feb 2010, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Inlet

Does anyone have a diagram for how the pipes come off the boost control valve to the inlet and boost valve..

Are all TD05 turbos top entry or are there some TD04 with top entry. Not checked on mine but i have a 1995 import WRX and it seems to spool quicker than a 1993 import that i drove the other day..

Anyone know how to fit a manual boost controller. Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers guys
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2010, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: Inlet

Hi

As far as the boost control valve goes, all i know is the bottom one attaches to the resonator box or can vent to atmosphere.

Should be a TD05 you can see the code on the turbo if you have a good look for it. Td04's are, as far as i know, on the wagons and UK's.

Manual boost controllers arent the best idea for a scoob. You should look into a remap/after market ECU really

Hth
Old 09 Feb 2010, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Most td05 are top entry unless they have been converted to front entry. Certain mappers like andy forrest do there own range of td05 which are front entry prepaired.
The early td04 turbo's were top entry and as said above were mainly on wrx wagons or easrly uk cars.
If your boost control valve is a 3 port which i am sure it is then the top hose goes to the turbo outlet nipple on the compressor,the middle one goes to your wastegate,and the bottom one goes to your resonator box/feed .
As said above dont bother with manual boost control - more harm than good imho
Old 12 Feb 2010, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Sorry didn't get back sooner. Thanks for the info fella helps alot. What sort of boost do they run at standard. I got a 1995 import

Cheers