Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

throttle sensor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jan 2010, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

throttle sensor

can you clean a throttle sensor???

im still getting a staged accleration on the it only when i try to pull away from low revs ie not giving it the beast im also going to spray the cable with wd40 cause it looks manky

def need idle control though gave it a good clean but it still swings onthe revs after boost etc
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2010, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: throttle sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUINNtheDAWG View Post
can you clean a throttle sensor???

im still getting a staged accleration on the it only when i try to pull away from low revs ie not giving it the beast im also going to spray the cable with wd40 cause it looks manky

def need idle control though gave it a good clean but it still swings onthe revs after boost etc
Where the red arrows are is my IACV but took the trottle body off the intake manifold it has a butterfly flap worked off the accel cable open the butterfly flap as you can see mine was manky with carbon build up cleaned it with carb cleaner and noticed my idle was even better after I done this give it a good clean the butterfly flap works off the accl cable and trottle sensor hooked up to flap to dont think you can clean the trottle sensor, but the cleaning of flap and trottle body might help ya