Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Car JAcking - I made some enquiries....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Feb 2005, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Car JAcking - I made some enquiries....

Hello all, if you are concerned about car jacking as alot seem to be these days¬! - i made some enquiries for your consideration:

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.sempal.co.uk

Hi Gareth

Many thanks for your kind enquiry and interest in our products.

Yes we are always prepared to review our prices for quantity orders. Regrettably the exception to this is the Phantom GPS Tracking products. However, we have a Spal GPS tracking product which we could review. The question is what are your requirements – Insurance or personal peace of mind.

Phantom Pro Active is Thatcham/Insurance approved hence no price reduction and there is an annual subscription of £99. RRP £499 fitted

The SpalSat product is subscription free and is an active defence against car crime giving the vehicle owner total control of all communication with his vehicle via his own mobile phone using SMS text messages. No call centre or website access is required. The SpalSat was voted Best Buy 2004 in an independent survey by Auto Express Magazine. Using SMS text you can get map co-ordinates of the vehicle’s location, speed and direction. You can trigger the hazards, immobilise the engine (only when stationary), trigger the alarm. The vehicle will text you if there is a security breach or unauthorised movement. SpalSat RRP £599 fitted.

As additional peace of mind there is the Spal Anti Car Jack product. Again subscription free. This will alert the SpalSat (which will in turn alert the owner via SMS text) if the vehicle is stolen even WITH the car keys! Most car crime is committed using the car keys ie house burglary is on the increase just to obtain the car keys. How ACJ works is the driver carries a credit card sized transponder on him when driving. If the car is driven without the transponder, after 30 metres the communication link between the car and the transponder is broken. A silent clock starts ticking and after 2.5 mins a variety of things can occur eg immobilisation, hazards, alarm siren, SMS text alert to vehicle owner. If the driver is attacked at traffic lights, again he should let the car go and look after his own personal safety, secure in the knowledge he will get his car back quickly and know precisely where it has been abandoned (via SpalSat). The Sunday Times has just run 2 consecutive articles about Car Jacking. ACJ RRP £249

We have a nationwide network of approved installers.

I hope this helps. If I’ve blinded you with science (!) please feel free to ‘phone me. Or supply an address and I’ll send brochures.
If you are interested in any additional security please reply to this thread.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2005, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to buzz
Deffo interested in the last one, the Anti hijacking jobby

just looked up the web site and the price includes instalation :wink:

Group buy?

Buzz
Old 10 Feb 2005, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Could be interested... How does that compare with Tracker and Black Jax

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 10 Feb 2005, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

The anti hijack jobby, will set off a timer if the card part is over 30 meters away from the car, 2.5 mins later the car stops

mr theif can only run then.

Sounds pretty good to me

Buzz
Old 10 Feb 2005, 08:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

I know its £250 but i likes the sound of it Am interested too
Old 10 Feb 2005, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Anti hijack jobby

1 Buzz
2. Gar

Buzz
Old 11 Feb 2005, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to Scooby Dee
My mate was car jacked at knifepoint a couple of years back, he sold his car soon after it was an Evo 6 TME. For him it was enough to put him off driving powerful/expensive cars. The reason he sold it was he'd have never forgiven himself if his daughter was in the car with him and that had happened.

Through trying to protect ourselves from thieves I feel that we are putting ourselves at more risk as the people will take more extreme measures to get what they want.

If anyone ever tried to car jack my car I'd give them the car, it all comes back to the fact you can replace a car.
Old 14 Feb 2005, 07:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Send a message via AIM to marklemac
I too, am interested in knowing more about the anti hijack thingy
Old 14 Feb 2005, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Have a look at this site, it the one from gars post

www.sempal.co.uk

Buzz