Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Petrol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Feb 2005, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via MSN to BIG GRINDER!
Petrol

Hi
Remember that place we all go every week?

Sainsbury (Heaton Park)are selling super for 80.9p I went to a BP in Milrow yesterday 92.9 super I didnt stop :shock: BP profits 8.7bn. BP saying they dont want to cut prices and compete with the supermarkets!!!
What is going on???????

££££kev££££ :roll:
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2005, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Thats a seriously good price on offer there - i have heard comments but cannot say how sound they are - - - The supermarkets apparently source petrol from ANYWHERE - i.e. not always the best stuff, whereas BP, SHELL etc etc source from a standard place...

Now im not one to start dodgy threads but i would at this point like someone from sainsbury to log in and tell us why? :?

Anyone reading this from a supermarket? Want to exaplain?
Old 09 Feb 2005, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to torrekens
Don't forget 75% of the cash of downstream operations of petroleum firms comes from bitumen (yes, the stuff they make roads with), hence the healthy profit they make.
Price of a liter of petrol is about 12 to 14p (might be bit higher now with high crude price), so petroleum-firms have no real possibility to play a lot with the price. All the rest is the contribution of "Tony, Gordon and the Gang".

Maybe a thing to remember when voting next time...

Note: No, I don't work in the petroleum industry (although used to be a consultant there) and No, I am no member of whatever political party. I just look at the facts...
Old 22 Feb 2005, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thats ok for uk cars, but if you've got an import its better to stick with higher grade shell optimax (86.9)