Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

sick of scoobynet!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Nov 2009, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

sick of scoobynet!!!

hi guys find this a muchhonest an better site than scoobynet. think prob best thing about it is the projects on scoobynet. when it comes to try an help some1 all they do is bite your head off saying your wrong. how am i supposed to know im wrong. im only goin off what other peoples info is. sick of it. fair enough there are people who know there stuff but like every1 depressed on there. staring to despise it. this site gives u more honest friendly people
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2009, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: sick of scoobynet!!!

totally agree mate i just use scoobynet for reference it just isnt worth entering into a post cause of all the agro
Old 30 Nov 2009, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

i no mate i think ill back off. the person who writes in well i had respect for him up until now. like he has authority. just dont like it.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

some of the people on there are real keyboard warriors.They are real good at slagging people off but pretty poor at sound advice I guess it makes them think their c##k is bigger when they put someone down.
I recon they are probably the offices tea b###h but typing some anonymous bulls##t it gives them a hard#n
Old 30 Nov 2009, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

it always has been and always will be the lions den. It's just that many users hide themselves in the crowd of anonymity as if in a footabll crowd.
You'll find that once a couple of people have decided to belittle a post then a flock of sheep quickly follow. It's like school yard mentally.
I hope that doesn't sound pompous, i use the site often, but there is so much agro bullsh/t on there and everyone is trying to sell you something. It won't be long before people will be selling pouches of golden virginia tobacco and 5 dvds for a tenner.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumbrum View Post
It won't be long before people will be selling pouches of golden virginia tobacco and 5 dvds for a tenner.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

not been on there for ages for the same reason as you guys say. If i want good friendly advise i ask here. Type RA forum is also helpfull
Old 30 Nov 2009, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

i agree lads. i dont abuse an if i have its only because ive felt in being given it first. i just feel they talk down to ya like ya dad. i am grown up but were all people trying to give recieve advice an should be in friendly manner. thats why i prefer this. not as many use it as scoobynet but at least its friendly
Old 01 Dec 2009, 12:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

lol, yeah theres alot on there who just dont have a clue (yours truley included ) lol

some seriously duff info and some of it very bad for your engine/car.

some of the arguments on there realy make me larf, people post up tests and others turn round and say no your wrong. All there bassis on the argument? there opinion rather than any raly world fact lol

and shant even start on the reliability of the site lol
Old 01 Dec 2009, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to dynamix

Agreed !
Moderator Authorised Advertiser
Old 01 Dec 2009, 01:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Think I've been involved in 2 threads on Snet. One was a guy (who may have been a member on here in the past, same user name anyway) trying to flog a super rare 2 door Type RA, as in so rare they don't exist. The other was something else to do with Type R/RA's. I do find Snet useful on occasion but my experience of posting on there is that when you have a contrary position/opinion, wether right or wrong, you'll basically be ganged up on and ridiculed. Shame really because a site of that size really could be a fantastic resource for Impreza owners if it wasn't ruined a by a few vociferous morons. Snet is also famous on non-scooby forums as being full of idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidgy View Post
and shant even start on the reliability of the site lol
Quick as you like for me tbh, even my phone has never had any issues with that or any other IB sites (apart from the outages they had obviously). Your connection speeds are a bit medieval over there, hey.
Old 01 Dec 2009, 01:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Think I've been involved in 2 threads on Snet. One was a guy (who may have been a member on here in the past, same user name anyway) trying to flog a super rare 2 door Type RA, as in so rare they don't exist. The other was something else to do with Type R/RA's. I do find Snet useful on occasion but my experience of posting on there is that when you have a contrary position/opinion, wether right or wrong, you'll basically be ganged up on and ridiculed. Shame really because a site of that size really could be a fantastic resource for Impreza owners if it wasn't ruined a by a few vociferous morons. Snet is also famous on non-scooby forums as being full of idiots.

Quick as you like for me tbh, even my phone has never had any issues with that or any other IB sites (apart from the outages they had obviously). Your connection speeds are a bit medieval over there, hey.
what speed you getting overthere?
Old 01 Dec 2009, 02:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Many car forums seem to degenerate into being over populated with peeps who have nothing better to do than talk $hite about everything. I spent the last 5 years (still a member) on ClubVR4. A great forum full of friendly banter and technical chit chat. This was one of the many reasons I stuck with the Galant for so long. Having sold the VR4 and bought the Scooby I nearly gave up in dispair of finding a similar forum for the Subaru having visited snet and others. However, I have to say .org has now filled that gaping hole in my working day.
Old 01 Dec 2009, 05:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcB View Post
Many car forums seem to degenerate into being over populated with peeps who have nothing better to do than talk $hite about everything. I spent the last 5 years (still a member) on ClubVR4. A great forum full of friendly banter and technical chit chat. This was one of the many reasons I stuck with the Galant for so long. Having sold the VR4 and bought the Scooby I nearly gave up in dispair of finding a similar forum for the Subaru having visited snet and others. However, I have to say .org has now filled that gaping hole in my working day.
Well said to all the above posts

Snet has degenerated into a flea bay forum... a pity as there are some excellent people on there and some good reads, but lots of dodgy dealing

It is, as someone above said... the joke of other sites... it gets the P taken out of it...and not surprised sadly

.Org best site with best peeps
Old 01 Dec 2009, 06:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

this site is great as you can have a bit of a banter and get good info