Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

too cheap??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Nov 2009, 02:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

too cheap??

Just bought my first impreza a standard 55 plate wrx. So im now looking at the usual tuning mods (exhaust,induction kit,remap.......) looked at scoobyclinic,scooby world and other suppliers of quality parts but have just come accross Japspeed and the prices seem rather cheap to say the least.Has anyone had past dealings with their kit (quality and build,power gains) cos when kit seems too cheap to be good quality it normally is
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2009, 08:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: too cheap??

you get what you pay for matey, best bet is to get a complete package from one of the tuners. Tis by far the best trade off between cost and quality.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

As above really, scooby world is a good shout though, got my back box, bov and panel filter from them top lads.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Fair enou,that's what I was already thinking . Any other exhaust brands anyone recomends? I'm not after 4.5 / 5 inch tail pipes as I have a 3 yr old and I'm aware of the noise levels that size can bring as I've had them on past cars ( MGZS180)
Old 19 Nov 2009, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONWRX View Post
Fair enou,that's what I was already thinking . Any other exhaust brands anyone recomends? I'm not after 4.5 / 5 inch tail pipes as I have a 3 yr old and I'm aware of the noise levels that size can bring as I've had them on past cars ( MGZS180)
I have a Ninja exhaust box on my Sti RA version 6 still have the 2 cats in place and to be fair its not head wrecking on motorway journeys and not to loud on tickover just a nice rumble
Old 19 Nov 2009, 01:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

After asking on this site which exhaust to buy i settled on a blitz nur specr from scooby world. I have a 20 month old and 2, 7 year olds and was realy worried about the noise level. with the bung in and a noise killer sound deadening kit in the boot on long trips you dont notice it.
With the bung out and when you give it death through the valley to our house the noise makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up, just F###ing awsome.
promise i will post a vid when i get chance
Old 19 Nov 2009, 08:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Cool that's good to know, I'll make sure what ever I get has the removable end cap, alot of full systems seem to come fully decatted which is annoying as I can't be bothered to get a cat put back in every mot time but I'd like a turbo back system to do it all in one go. I may just compromise and go cat back with an induction kit. Then there's the choice of 2.5 or 3 inch bore exhaust lol. Thanks for all you input and insight