Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

SPARK PLUGS and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Sep 2009, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Wink SPARK PLUGS and others

going to at the weekeknd give the bitch a good overhall so radiator flush as found some thick gunk in the coolent filler christ me thought oh no cylinder head gasket but havent found any more and the car isnt showing any other signs of gasket failure.
next replace hoses was going for samco but unless i get them cheap going for another unbranded hose in blue mmmmmmm
so after that replace collent and adding some innostop just incase
next HRC 255 feul pump nice and new filter.
after that HRC induction going on or if it dosent turn up at least clean the k&n as its blacker than black think this may be causeing a loss of power fromm 2200 revs to about 2700 then the turbo kicks in and hold on baby cause here comes the stream train
and finally new spark plugs mmmm and now for some advice i see that most people use ngk
but has anybody used or heard of nology silver spark plugs they seem very good and better than plats or iridium but cant help think theres a bite in the ass comming

any comments are always welcome

cheers dawg
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2009, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: SPARK PLUGS and others

DAMM IT i ment HKS induction kit
Old 30 Sep 2009, 03:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Must confess, had no idea Nology made plugs. Personally would go with NGK's, nowt wrong with going for a different brand, but a lot scooby drivers use NGK's for a reason. I don't use the PFR's as they are obsolete in Japan (so I'm guessing won't be long before they're gone in UK too.) but I use their replacement and have no complaints at all. Change mine every 12 months as recommended but tbh they don'nt need it as they are always fine when they come out. Great plugs.

Re the filter, defo sounds like a new one could be in order. I'm always amazed how much difference a new one makes and mine are changed every 6 months or thereabouts.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 11:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Pulstar Spark Plugs Subaru Impreza WRX STi BHP INCREASE on eBay (end time 08-Oct-09 20:00:08 BST)

Anybody used these, was going to get a set this week,
Old 30 Sep 2009, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Haven't tried them and have never heard of them, but personally would be wary of any plug that claims Bhp increases in the range they are talking about. Also you did notice that shipping is as much as the cost of the plugs, and at 9.99 (19.98 incl shipping) for 4 they sound very, very cheap. Something else to be wary of imo.

This thread is well worth a read too. Seems the powr gains are a bit of a myth. Read the whole thread.

Experiences with Pulstar Pulse aftermarket spark plugs? - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)
Old 30 Sep 2009, 01:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

they are 99.99 plus 9.99 postage not 9.99 plus postage al read the thread thanks am wary too for obvious reasons but i think in theory they could be good if not having any other linked problems thanks for reply