Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Litchfield type 20

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Sep 2009, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Litchfield type 20

Hello all , firstly may I apologise for my first post being a "whats it worth" post but I am in a awkward situation. I am a keen motorsport fan and always have been , I have had a couple of subarus a legacy gtb and an early impreza turbo , Both of which I enjoyed but children and getting married have made these redundant .
To the point I guess, Due to quite a serious illness I have been given the task of selling my uncle's Impreza which due to ill health he is unable to drive or sell.

So basically , I have sold cars before but due to this one being a bit rare I have no idea what it is worth , so that has brought me here , so any honest advice would be greatly appreciated by not just me but my family also .

The Car;

A 2004 (04) subaru impreza STI type 20 litchfield import . It is in silver with many litchfield / factory / prodrive extras, Including ; quick rack, box, suspension, splitter etc ,etc , 18 inch wheels, bailey dump valve, clarion cd and other bits that I will in time duely find out about. It is however quite understated in silver.

The car itself was bought in 2006 by my uncle who is the second owner, the car now has 45k and has an utterly impeccable sevice history from a main dealer, with many reciepts and all the stamps. The car was a dream car and has been cosseted from aquisition and fastidiously maintained regardless of cost , until this day where it unfortunately falls to me to value and then try to sell.

So whats it worth , seriously any help here would be apprecited.

Thanks in advance .

Ben.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2009, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Litchfield type 20

Haven't a clue what a Litchfield Type 20 is worth tbh and can't find any for sale on the net. Check out their site and see what they are selling cars for, though did find Litchfield have recently sold a Mk I type 20 for this 16,995. Could also mail them and see what they reckon, might be a bit cheeky but worth a go.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Agree with Wayne on this one,hard to put a specific price on a Litchfeild import,check their site :-
Litchfield
Old 14 Sep 2009, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

sorry to here about your uncle mate,deffo investigate this one deeply
Old 14 Sep 2009, 03:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thanks all for being so helpfull. I have contacted Litchfield as described and they value it at 10 - 11.5 k to sell privately and 11 - 13 from them (depending on condition) .
So I shall get some pics together and write out a full spec and if theres anyone who wants to have a gander then they can .
I was also thinking that as its at 45k and is due a belt at 50k that I may get the 50k service done before it sells as this may help achieve full value . Anyhoo I can be contacted at;

greenmanenvironmentalservices@hotmail.com

I have been told it has the 18 "WR1 wheels on, and thanks again for your help.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

the type 20 will have the powerstation/litchfield stage2 or 3 engine package and the stage 3 chasis package. Sometimes they are Spec C's, if not they sometimes add on the extras that the Spec C has such as a front mount air oil cooler and transmission cooler but i think you pay more for this 'track day' extra.
I have a Spec C with all the above(and more) but don't have the 'type 20' badge as my car was imported independently and then was given to Powerstation/litchfield for all the goodies. I bought mine in May this year with a 53 plate, 57k miles and paid 10K. If you really want to get people intersted Start at 11,500 and you'll probably will sell quite quickly. One sold for about 11k recently on scoobynet iirc?? people ask 14k for them and they seem to stay for sale for a very long time. The car i bought was originally for sale for over 14k but the seller had to keep dropping the price, and only started getting interst when dropped below 11k

Andrew