Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Any Idea's WTF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Sep 2009, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Any Idea's WTF

Since buying my scoob last november had no probs at all till yesterday morning,drove 12 miles to work in the morning and when i got 100 yds away at the junction the car,just stopped. I tried restarting it ,but dispite firing up and turning over it would not start. I then freewheeled it downhill in to the car park,and parked it up.20 mins later i went to tow it with the works galaxy into a secure car park and hey presto it started 1st time. I parked it up till it was time to go home at 17.00.At 17.00 it started and drove fine all the way home till i got 100 yds from my house ,then it did the same as in the morning.Again i freewheeled it on to my drive,and fitted a brand new fuel filter. At first it would not start then after about 5 mins it was ok. My first thought was the uprated fuel pump,but then i thought if the pump was knackered ,surely it would just fail.i took it for a short blast this evening and it appears ok,anyone got any idea's what it might be or anything i should be checking ,cheers
Old 09 Sep 2009, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Re: Any Idea's WTF

By the way it is a 1999 uk turbo.
Old 09 Sep 2009, 09:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post
Since buying my scoob last november had no probs at all till yesterday morning,drove 12 miles to work in the morning and when i got 100 yds away at the junction the car,just stopped. I tried restarting it ,but dispite firing up and turning over it would not start. I then freewheeled it downhill in to the car park,and parked it up.20 mins later i went to tow it with the works galaxy into a secure car park and hey presto it started 1st time. I parked it up till it was time to go home at 17.00.At 17.00 it started and drove fine all the way home till i got 100 yds from my house ,then it did the same as in the morning.Again i freewheeled it on to my drive,and fitted a brand new fuel filter. At first it would not start then after about 5 mins it was ok. My first thought was the uprated fuel pump,but then i thought if the pump was knackered ,surely it would just fail.i took it for a short blast this evening and it appears ok,anyone got any idea's what it might be or anything i should be checking ,cheers
Immobiliser?
Old 09 Sep 2009, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

If it not what Dean said might be a loose connection on the wires in the uprated pump did you crimp the wires? have to in some fuel pumps might be a bad connection