Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Wiring loom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Sep 2009, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Wiring loom

I recently changed my standard gl boot for a turbo 2000 item and i noticed that it had a central locking motor.

when i removed the standard gl boot i noticed that it also had a central locking motor, but it never worked.
While feeding the loom from the new boot into the car i noticed that 3 wires were broken at the pivet point (the rubber sleeve). after repairing these wires the boot opened and locked with the rest of the central locking. also the extra brake light on the turbo boot worked (it didnt worked after the new boot was fitted).

Are broken wires a common problem on impreza's?

also, are the looms the same on every classic impreza?

only reason im asking is the extra brake light on the turbo boot works when the standard gl boot never had one.

Im looking to fit a sport/turbo front bumper, and it would be great if i didn't have to play around with wiring to get the spot lights to work.

Has anyone fitted a sport/turbo front bumper to a gl? any advise or comments welcome.

also if you have an impreza that has a boot that doesn't open with the cental locking, you may want to check the wiring around the rubber sleeve on the right side of the boot. my broken wires were hidden in the middle of the sleeve so i didn't see them until pulled on the individual wires.

hopes this helps.
Offline   Reply With Quote