Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Help PLEASE - Misfire after new turbo inlet pipe and reinstall of inlet manifold

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Sep 2009, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Help PLEASE - Misfire after new turbo inlet pipe and reinstall of inlet manifold

Car is 2005 WRX

Yesterday I replaced the turbo intake pipe, the one from the air box to the turbo, goes under the inlet pipe.

To get the new one in took off the inlet manifold, got the pipe in, changed the inlet manifold gaskets, and put back again.

Put all the pipes back and all the wires back etc. etc.

everything is tightened and secured.

The cars starts, fast idles, but you can hear a misfire at 2k rpm, then when revs drops it hesitates, I believe it is a misfire!

1. How can I check if I put the coil pack wires in the right coils?
2. I sprayed carb spray in the inlet head, can this cause anything?
3. I am sure injector wires are in the right ones, how do I check?

Any advice appreciated PLEASE, it is worrying me

If anyone can come and help me diagnose car - also appreciated (money waiting to fix problem)

Last option is to get it to Subaru or subaru4you or any in North West London area (Car is in Harrow, Middlesex).

Thanks in advance.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2009, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Help PLEASE - Misfire after new turbo inlet pipe and reinstall of inlet manifold

SPRAYING INTAKE MANIFOLD have a look at my thread here and it will try to bring some light to mind lot of pics here of intake manifold off and stripped ask me anything away cause spent a lot of time cleaning items out and putting everything back on together fairly complex but did you mark everything that came off a certain part this helps a lot? is the inlet pipe going to turbo secure? cause it can be a b*t*h to get back on. Are all the vacuum pipes on? what else did you take out and disconnect? nearly the same layout mine as yours except I dont have A/C fire away with any questions

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 06 Sep 2009 at 04:37 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote