Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Simple 2008 2.5i

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Sep 2009, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Simple 2008 2.5i

Hello, this is my first post. I am still going through all of the old post to gather info. I'm not really into all of the fancy stuff. I bought a basic Impreza a few years ago because I simply wanted a CAR that could do what my old SUV was doing. I like to drive to distant locations to fish and kayak. I needed a car that can get through the muck! After owning my basic 2008 Impreza for 2 years I now want to get a little more power out of it. I don't want to drive at higher speeds than I do now but I would like a little more acceleration. What can I do that will not cost an arm and a leg?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2009, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Simple 2008 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohan1973 View Post
Hello, this is my first post. I am still going through all of the old post to gather info. I'm not really into all of the fancy stuff. I bought a basic Impreza a few years ago because I simply wanted a CAR that could do what my old SUV was doing. I like to drive to distant locations to fish and kayak. I needed a car that can get through the muck! After owning my basic 2008 Impreza for 2 years I now want to get a little more power out of it. I don't want to drive at higher speeds than I do now but I would like a little more acceleration. What can I do that will not cost an arm and a leg?
As it being an N/A Naturaly Aspirated engine no turbo or super charger you not going to get any major sigificant gains from whatever you do you could upgrade the air filter and change the exhaust upgrade the leads and plugs and it will make a bit of difference but for more real power Id buy a WRX at the least and a treat and buy the STI
Old 08 Sep 2009, 07:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I've been looking for a better air filter for my impreza 09 non turbo, but i haven't find one yet, sellers say that there's no air filter for that model yet
Old 08 Sep 2009, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by maranelloo18 View Post
I've been looking for a better air filter for my impreza 09 non turbo, but i haven't find one yet, sellers say that there's no air filter for that model yet
your not looking in the right places then bud :- K&N Products by Vehicle Search - Year, Make, Model, Engine Search
Old 09 Sep 2009, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

OMG... you're right, how stupid i've been. so how many hp do you think I will gain? 4 or 5? well thanks
Old 11 Sep 2009, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

add a 0. in front of that, the non turbo engine don;t react very well at all to modding.

personaly i'd not even bother, you wont notice any difference what so ever, save your money and if you realy do want more power buy a wrx.