Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

wheel aligment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2009, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

wheel aligment

Hey fellas. had noticed that at speeds above 45mph i got a slight wobble on the steering, i thought that it was just wheels balancing issue, but when i looked at the front offside wheel i noticed that the tyre was featherd only on the outside. mmmm i thought cant be wheel balancing. so i took it down to quick fit and they stuck it on there ramp and checked the wheel alighment, it turns out that the right hand side was set to 10 and the left was set to 5. this cant be right RIGHT???? so the guy has now set it to 8 each side. is this good, if not what should they be set at and what do you guys have yours set at??? many thanks

daz

PS whilst it was up on the ramp i took note of the make of exhaust its a TANABE back box. anyone hear of this make and is that any good?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2009, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Re: wheel aligment

Dont necessarily mean its been set that way,just how its ended up-could have hit a pot hole hard and bent something somewhere or had a minor accident earlier in its life-tracking doesnt stay that exact for long generally-wants doing (to be right)at least each time ya get new tyres, just general wear and tear aswell as wear on suspension components can put it out of line.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
jd
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to jd
Re: wheel aligment

Take it up to Powerstation for alignment.