Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

What does it mean

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jul 2009, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

What does it mean

Is it me or is WRX or STI Latin for lets carve him up or be a complete D***
coz hes got a quicker car.
Fair enough I know the temptation is there to tell your mates in the pub that you beat a scooby away from the lights not that its likely in your panda or even your 4.0 stype Jag but does every 17 yr old fiesta driver (figure of speech I dont want to get in the Sh** with this One) have to try and force me into a wall just to get past to prove what we all know straight road fiesta ha no chance!
Since I have owned my baby just about the world and his wife have tried to kill
me when I can do that myself.
Would my scooby brethren like to share any of there scray moments they have had the misfortune off at the hands of normal car owners.
Just for fun would'nt want to start a war..
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2009, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248
Re: What does it mean

That's why Bikers and Scooby owners can identify with each other

We are moving targets, outlaws and gun slingers with a rep to be brought down

It go's with owning a Scoob.. just be cool and let the Young, the dumb and the full of come... idiots make fools of themselves... while we just bimble and rumble knowing we dont have to prove ourselves in a childrens piss the highest competition

Keep it for the track or the 1/4 strip...
Old 18 Jul 2009, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

HAHAHA very interesting post. i live in a city thats full of those kind of drivers (PLYMOUTH) but its not just the young, its the old and very bloody old to. i happen to work lates all the time and i normally finish work between 22:30 and 02:00am, i live 20 mins or so from work driving at the speed limit. and to my misfortune have to drive right thru the middle of the city centre going thru 3 large roundabouts and about 20 sets of traffic lights all duel roads so cars can pull up beside you, and low and behold 3 times out of 5 drives home i get some TWAT in a piss drinking car wants to get the better of me, but as i drive with slippers on i just sit the picking the diesel fumes out of my nose and plod on home enjoying the sound of my car. now i must admit it is NORMALLY fellas in shit cars with exhausts bigger then there wheels that give it large all except 1 occasion when it was a blue volkswagon transit van. WTF is all that about????
Old 18 Jul 2009, 05:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
jd
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to jd

Feel sorry for you having to drive through Plymouth at that time of the morning. Amazed you make it out the other side.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 06:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

When i first got my scooby every chav in Bournemouth wanted to race me & belive me there are lots around here Like said though we dont have to prove ourselves to little idiots, that windes them up even more
Old 18 Jul 2009, 11:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd View Post
Feel sorry for you having to drive through Plymouth at that time of the morning. Amazed you make it out the other side.
lol alright mate

yeah it can be really bad on the weekend, its like rush hour with all the black cabs and taxis
Old 19 Jul 2009, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
jd
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to jd

I will only take my scoob as far as Valley Road. PMSL
Old 19 Jul 2009, 10:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

boys do what i did visit Freestate Services dba EmergencyVehicleSolutions.com Shopping Cart have a look around i did and have sh*t a few people up when there trytin to race me

Last edited by mikef04; 19 Jul 2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 10:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Ya think its crazy speaking of this had a dope in a 1.4 golf trying to race me the other night childish really they dont be thinking at all wouldnt waste my petrol on him maybe if it was an Evo I might be tempted but had an Evo4 one night he had his girlfriend in the car with him he thought he was the man he was about 4ft Id say he proberbly needed a cushion to see over the steering wheel he cut me off first then he was reving mad next to me just wanting a play well put him in his place left him by 50-60ft just pressed hazzards then to pi** him off the muppet
Old 21 Jul 2009, 08:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAianM View Post
Like said though we dont have to prove ourselves to little idiots, that windes them up even more
Exactly mate! They can race all they want but when we don't rise to it I'm sure they are left wondering how powerful our cars really are!
Old 21 Jul 2009, 09:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Being a new owner myself, I already understand this.

Only had the car just over 2 weeks now, and always seem to get some little chav trying to 'smoke' you at the lights, or cut me up.

Maybe its because im getting older (30) I dont really give into it now. I just let them carry on. I'm enjoying driving a car that I can actually say, I really love, its got the power there if and when I need it - and loving my pretty reasonable ( under 350 fully comp ) insurance for the pleasure of it.

Let them carry on. They will soon understand once they have had to make a claim for a mistake they have made, and end up paying through the nose for it.

The way I look at it is - as long as they dont end up hurting some poor innocent driver, I dont really care, they can do what ever they like to themselves and their own car.

Like wrx_ryk said too, it probably really pisses them off not giving into it - your car is still just a totally 'unknown' with regards to power.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 11:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

I'm now using mine on a daily basis as me Golf is aving a bit of work to it.
doing a round trip of 80 miles a day.
I come off my road onto the main rd and guaranteed their be some twat in a fekin corsa/astra giving it. as most of you have said.
Look pal i've got nothing to prove to you in your fekin shopping trolley modded up with go faster stripes and a rear wing the size of one off a 747
Now be off with you.
This happens daily i sometimes wish i had a fek off gun turret attachment to the top of mi moto to blast the little sod clean of the planet......

Again on the M1 but most of the times they have more power than a sodding corsa..........these boys eh!
Too many old bill on that stretch of rd to be giving it large, can't afford to lose me license LOVE THE SCOOBY TO MUCH
Old 22 Jul 2009, 07:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviepops View Post
Look pal i've got nothing to prove to you in your fekin shopping trolley modded up with go faster stripes and a rear wing the size of one off a 747
Now be off with you.
Old 22 Jul 2009, 08:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviepops View Post
This happens daily i sometimes wish i had a fek off gun turret attachment to the top of mi moto to blast the little sod clean of the planet......
Quality mate. I'll look into your idea and get some quotes. I'll see if I can get a group discount for all of us on here who are interested!! pmsl
Old 23 Jul 2009, 12:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally posted by wrx_ryk
Quality mate. I'll look into your idea and get some quotes. I'll see if I can get a group discount for all of us on here who are interested!!
Count me in for three? depending on the price

Last edited by Steviepops; 23 Jul 2009 at 12:26 AM.