Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

scooby ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2004, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via MSN to stevehulluk
scooby ugly

why is it on car shows that people say the impreza & evo are ugly? what are some people looking at, it baffles me seriously. think they both look sexy as hell . crazy comments when we live in a world of ford focus's ( yuk ), mondeo's ( more yuk ) & vectra (christ lol). wouldn't be seen dead in any of those over the impreza/evo :evil:
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2004, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Re: scooby ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehulluk
why is it on car shows that people say the impreza & evo are ugly? what are some people looking at, it baffles me seriously. think they both look sexy as hell . crazy comments when we live in a world of ford focus's ( yuk ), mondeo's ( more yuk ) & vectra (christ lol). wouldn't be seen dead in any of those over the impreza/evo :evil:

How the heck can you say the focus is ugly :shock: Its a very nice looking car The focus RS that is,And a better track car than my scoob :wink: In the dry

But each to there own,I agree with the classics are not ugly But the newer ones :? :twisted:
Old 19 Aug 2004, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

FOCUS RS is ok, but watch the scrap yards start filling up with them in a few years :shock:
Old 19 Aug 2004, 02:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

I think what people are saying Steve is if you remove all the wings, scoops, alloys etc then the car underneath it all is not all that different from what else is out on the road. I for one do like the lines of the Impreza always have always will but they are very plain looking motors with Evo's being the same
Old 19 Aug 2004, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

i agree with you in what your saying, but these cars come delivered like this. would you trade a scooby for any other manufacturers car at the same price?
Old 26 Aug 2004, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tom
Fresh Scooby

More to the point, the reviewers aren't looking from the Driver's seat.

The WRXs are 'bouncy' too, passengers may not like it much - but the handling is fantastic (I also have 17" Goodyear G1F3 tires - I normally shun Goodyear, but these are even better than my prior Bridgestone Pole Positions - at 83,000 Miles I'm on second pair of tires [one set is summer, the other set is 16" factory wheels with snowtires]).

The prettiest Subaru I can recall was the SVX 2-door (but only came with auto transmission, sigh!)
Old 02 Sep 2004, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

I don't agree with those people Nelson, I think even if you take off the wing, big fog lights, hood scoop, etc. the Impreza is still a really nice looking car. It is "muscular" looking, especially with the big fender flares. I noticed after putting wider tires on my car how much better it looked. The skinny stock tires do nothing for it.

I know both the WRX/STi and EVO are based on economy car platforms, but the resemblance stops there.

I like this quote from Autobytel.com describing the appearance of the WRX :

"The WRX presents the striking appearance of too much machine for the wrapper, bulging out at each fender, its engine reaching for more cooling air through a prominent hood scoop. These features are expressions of the rally heritage of the WRX. The WRX sedan is distinguished by its blister fender flares that permit a 20 mm wider front track."
Old 02 Sep 2004, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Take your point Gears but are we talking about Scooby Classic or Newage ?? Cos I thought Steves orignal thread was referring to the Classic. I would agree that the NewAge has a much more standard aggressive look but the Classic is nowhere near as aggressive without the wings, skirts and scoop etc.
Old 03 Sep 2004, 12:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... or to put it another way One mans meat is another mans poison!

The classic has a lean and clean cutting shape, whearas the new-age have the look of Steriod abuse..... it's to subjective to call.... :?:

The best thing is, they are instantly different to most stock... They still grab peoples attention, you get good and bad opinions, but the important thing is you do get opinions.

I have owned lots of different cars, the most pure was my Landrover... a 1960's Short wheel base 88''. The most visually pleasing, and right first time, was a 1971 Jaguar xj 4.2. The most boring was a Ford Sierra.

A Scoob is beautiful for so many reasons.... One of which is the engineering, hidden away it is sexy, like a mistress giving a glimpse of stocking under her night-dress!.... You know whats under there, and you know it will send your pulse racing, but it's more fun slightly hinted at than in your face! and when you do use it, (the engineering that is), WOW :!:

But thats just one facit of the Scoob.... remember beauty is only skin deep, true beauty lies beneath.

What do you guys and gals think :?:
Old 03 Sep 2004, 08:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Nobby - please don't think that I don't like the shape of the Scooby - I mean I love em

The NewAge has taken a bit of getting used to but I like it lots too
Old 03 Sep 2004, 09:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator

I know i said it before but i'll say it again... Def like the classic looks over the new age... The new age blends into the background a bit too much i think... but still the business :wink:
Old 03 Sep 2004, 02:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Nobby - please don't think that I don't like the shape of the Scooby - I mean I love em

The NewAge has taken a bit of getting used to but I like it lots too

Understood Nelson...

I get a bit fed up with the Magazines and motoring press trying to find fault with the new age Scoobs :? , and the best they can come up with is 'it is no beauty' or some other remark that diverts attention from the fact it's a brilliant car... I love the new shape... but it did take time to get used to it's rounded and aggresive appearance..

One of the reasons its rounded is to satisfy strict pedestrian safety requirements... All SUV 4X4 vehicles will start to come out with rounded fronts similar to the Porche Cayene... Ugly! :x but a car which also has brill engineering, the strange thing is I am starting to get used to the Porche's shape, never thought I would! :shock:

I aggree with Gareth that the classic looks really cool 8) , especially with body kits etc... it really was the car of the 90's hands down... allways wanted one... would love to own a classic as well.. Dream on :!:
Old 08 Sep 2004, 07:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

It's amazing how each new design of the Impreza looks better with age, like a fine wine! Personally, I think the classic bodystyle looks the best. The 22B is my favorite scoob of all time (that may change one day though). :wink:
Old 16 Sep 2004, 04:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Impreza's are dead sexy!!

dont care what anyone says.... they're just jealous :P

c'mon now how can you not love this face!!!

Old 17 Sep 2004, 10:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

most people don't like change,they wan't to live in their same old,same old worlds,so when a bold new design comes outs it usually gets slagged off,their is a lot worse looking cars about then most japs,but as said who takes a second glance at a bog standerd impreza(classic)but saying that i was a die hard blue oval man,and was not intrested in anything else,untill i steped in to wrx,it was still heartbreaking to sell my 2 rs 2000 mk11 customs,to pay for the scoob,but i don't regreat it