Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

MPG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jun 2009, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Send a message via MSN to whitevanman
MPG

not sure if posted in the right place.....

right had my scooby wagon nearly a month now....it's an import on a 95 plate....have not got a clue about this car i know it's got a dump valve an induction kit thats shaped like a mushroom i'm not sure wot bhp it's kicking out........

but getting back to my point is MPG....i fill the tank up which to me is suprisingly small...seems like 40-50 fills it....then after drinving around for a good part of the day i've clocked up around 180 miles on 3/4 tank of fuel....does this sound about right........

cheers
wayne
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2009, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Re: MPG

A lot can depend on how you drive it mate,these cars wernt meant for pottering around town centres, to do the shopping, however if you keep the speed constant you can get some decent returns. On a motorway at a constant 65 - 70 expect to see between 25 - 30 to mpg; town driving can see that plummet to around 18- 20 mpg.when you are nailing it ,expect to see 12 - 15 mpg ,and on a track day 8 10 mpg.
180 - 200 miles on 3/4 of a tank seems about right.
Old 27 Jun 2009, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

seems about right to me, id agree with all of the above too. nice wagon to get some pics up, in the pic part
Old 27 Jun 2009, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

yeah thats about right, i normaly see arund the 200 miles on a tank, and then 140miles if i've had a whole tank of fun lol
Old 28 Jun 2009, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post
A lot can depend on how you drive it mate,these cars wernt meant for pottering around town centres, to do the shopping, however if you keep the speed constant you can get some decent returns. On a motorway at a constant 65 - 70 expect to see between 25 - 30 to mpg; town driving can see that plummet to around 18- 20 mpg.when you are nailing it ,expect to see 12 - 15 mpg ,and on a track day 8 10 mpg.
180 - 200 miles on 3/4 of a tank seems about right.
Just like Slider said^^^^^^
Old 09 Jul 2009, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Yeah i get hardly anywhere to a full tank also.

It has a hks filter on at the moment, would going back to standard airbox improve mpg? I suppose a service would help also.
Old 09 Jul 2009, 09:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

A service will definetley help,fuel economy can be down to so many things ie: even your choice of engine oil,clean air filter,plugs gap,etc.
I have left the standard airbox on my car and fitted a K&N panel filter(dispite what people might say i have been using k & n filters for over 20 years and never had no probs),i did not go down the route of an induction kit ,because turbos need cool air to operate efficiently, unless you are going to build a housing ,to shield it.
Most of the guys who use this site, know there is no cool air to be had under the bonnet of an impreza @ 5000 rpm,However you do get a nice induction roar and slightly more bhp than a panel filter can give.
Old 09 Jul 2009, 09:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Evening fella, I've also got a 95 wagon import with similar mods. Really small fuel tank which I can blow through really quick when kicking the arse out of it. Does get some good returns on the motorway but I didn't buy the car for MPG. It's all about the thrills. Keep it serviced and stop watching the MPG's it ain't worth it.