Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

First Remap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 May 2009, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Smile First Remap

Hey folks, so been modding the scooby for a couple of months now and thought ad update you all with whats been going on done all the mods for the time being and thought it was time to see what the bugeyes kicking out with a remap, the car was totally standard when i bought it just over a year ago, its a 2002 UK Bugeye WRX and i thought it was pretty quick but like everyone else you always need that little bit more so i started out changing the exhaust system for a total decat setup then added the dump valve and cold air induction kit, the car was sounding and running pretty good so thought i would invest in an uprated fuel pump and then get it remapped at Dastek in Dalgety Bay by Gerry Gaffney who id heard good things about from other local scooby owners, so today i put it in for the custom remap and wow what a difference from standard it makes, the car just keeps on pulling now right through the gears, its like driving a new car again, puts a rather wide grin on your face when your getting sucked into your seat on boost ha ha The cars running 270bhp and 250lbft of torque at the moment but looking to still get to the 300bhp mark but am having fun now so no rush just yet The pics and spec are up on my profile if you want a gander.........................
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2009, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: First Remap

nicely done bud

looks like the "power" hunger has kicked in nice and early...and this sure is only the start,next it'll be bigger turbo,fmic,catchcan,injectors,fuel rails,suspension,brakes,differant ECU,engine rebuilds etc....lol

it is now at the addictive stage..lol
Old 22 May 2009, 10:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thanks for the good comments m8, Yeah your right there, once you get a taste of the dark side its hard to stop lol, the car just seems to run a whole lot smoother and the power is there when you need it, a see some of the guys on here are running a lot more bhp than 270 but its fine for me just now the budgets took a bit of bashing these few months but definately been worth it.... do you think if i went for a new bigger turbo and new intercooler i could be nearer the 300bhp mark or do i need to do other things first?
Old 22 May 2009, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

o yes!!

but if you pop into my profile and check my figures and spec,you can see how you can do it with minimal costing
Old 22 May 2009, 11:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

bigger turbo (vf35 or vf34 would be best) fuel pump and injectors, fron mount if you want, remap and you'll be at 330bhp ish, there isn't a 300bhp specific turbo so may as well go up to 330ish rather than trying to get it to 300
Old 22 May 2009, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidgy View Post
bigger turbo (vf35 or vf34 would be best) fuel pump and injectors, fron mount if you want, remap and you'll be at 330bhp ish, there isn't a 300bhp specific turbo so may as well go up to 330ish rather than trying to get it to 300
Cheers for the input i already have the uprated fuel pump so a new turbo and injectors plus intercooler would give 330bhp? what kind of money would i be looking at if i went down this route m8? that would be some improvement from my current 270 wouldnt i need to change other things like gearbox or clutch for it to be able to run smoothly up at that power or would the originals be fine? thanks again lads...............
Old 22 May 2009, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

second hand turbo ihi vf35 250 -300
bigger injectors ? used 150?? - presuming you need them? -you probably wont need them if running 440cc - best to check with your mapper
get your ecu map tweaked 350

so about 800 for an extra 60bhp and a much punchier and stronger feeling boost and power.