Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Unwanted second hand Scoob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jul 2004, 02:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolangatta
Newie, some of the things they do to cars here is a crime :shock:
Bob, went to a place in Sendai a few weeks ago and I'd have gladly bought every car they had.
I was like a kid in a sweet shop The place was packed with Scoobs, EVO's, Skyliners, RX7 and 8's etc. All at silly money and all A1 condition with very low mileage, when I say low I mean none with more than 10,000 miles :shock:
I was like, Oh I want that one, No I want that one, Oh I want them all :!: :!:
That spoiler is a bit to "fast and ferious" style for me

also regarding the car prices

make ya sick when you see the prices we have to pay for cars :evil:
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2004, 12:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Hi Tom,

Both Subaru and Mitsubishi have a 'gentlemens agreement' not to claim any more than 280HP for their cars, (STi8 and Evo8).
It is widely accepted that both run well in excess of 300 in stock form.

With regard to the 2 yearly inspection in japan (JCI), in my experience it is not much more complicated than the UK equivalent MOT inspection and it is only every 2 years not yearly.
You can get it done at a reasonable rate in the area where I live. It only applies to cars over 3 years old so I will not have that problem for a long time yet.

Yes you require a parking permit here, but they're not too difficult to get even if you don't have a parking place.
A neighbour or friend with a big parking place can often be persuaded to sign your application. Then you just park where you like. No one ever checks.
This only applies in relatively quite areas such as the one I live in. Tokyo etc will be very different.

The rules regarding export of my car to the UK are as follows:
To avoid any taxation on an import I must have owned the car for at least 6 months and have lived outside the UK for at least 12 months.
I am not allowed to sell the vehicle until 12 months after arriving back in the UK.

Fuel in the UK for a JDM Scoob STi is not too much of a problem, Super unleaded with octane booster does the job well I am told. Also Shell Optimax is recommended.

To get a JDM scoob street legal in the UK is not too much of a prob either, it requires the speedometer to be changed over to read MPH and will require rear high vis fog lights. Because the scoob is built with the UK market in mind Subaru have kindly built a place for the fog lights in the stock rear light cluster

BTW, during the time I've spent writing this post we've had two medium size earthquakes. The building I'm in wobbled very nicely :shock: :shock:
Old 22 Jul 2004, 01:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Sp00ky
Get out and save ur scooby
Old 22 Jul 2004, 01:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

No probs Spooky,
No damage to the scoob