Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Project Almost complete!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Apr 2009, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Project Almost complete!!!

Hello guy's was a bit bored on a work break so I thought I'd let every one know how my 95 WRX is getting on (Hope this is the wright place to post!).
So far I've purchased an STI 8 intercooler and intercooler splitter,alloy radiator and radiator cooling panel, 550cc Injector's, alloy tank's a complete set of black samco hose's, Apexi induction kit and ECU, greddy clutch and a walbro uprated fuel pump and thats it for under the bonnet, I was going to get a diffrent turbo and headers but after talking to andy forrest and doing some more research I decided to stay with the original TD05H-16G Mitsubishi charger as this was more than ample for my goals and wasnt going to cost me anything and as for the headers the standard items will also do for my goals. For The exterior I have purchased a face lift kit including light's, P1 front lip spoiler, STI 7 scoop, 22B bonnet vents, STI 5 boot spoiler and some black mud flaps sporting gray WRX decal's. I have also purchased some grooved and drilled front and rear disc brake's from Grahame goode racing to go with the original calliper's. To complement the disc's I also bought some red stuff pad's dot5 brake fluid and some braided hose's. Going over the new disc's I'm waiting for some 17''x7'' inovite tarmac alloy's in gun metal gray. And that's about it for now chaps, I'm going to post some before and after shot's up when I've fitted and sorted everything, but first I've also got to do the pain staking task of painting the manifold, heat shields and brakets, caliper's, underside of the car and polishing and laquering the header's. After I've done all that it should be ready for some concours shows!!! I cant wait to get started it's my first propper project. So what do you guy's reckon to that lot? Thank's for reading, that was a long break hahaha.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2009, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Project Almost complete!!!

not too shabby at all bud.....
a few of you mods sound a little familiar....ie:-
splitter,larger scoop,inovit's.....(did you know the ST6 inovits same as mine are lighter than the tarmac ones you've just aquirred )
Old 15 Apr 2009, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thumbs up Re: Project Almost complete!!!

Cheer's mate I'm well chuffed. no I didnt mate looked at those but I fancied P1 Wheel's I couldnt find any cheap enough so thought I'd get the tarmac's as they look the same and were very reasonable, only problem is they've got some nasty 205 40 budget tyre's on and I want to change them when I got the dosh up toghether you got any thought's? I was thinking yokohama parada? so what scooby you got mate and what you had done?

Ben.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 11:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Sounds like a cool car their ahh painting manifold my next thing what a b**ch of a job that will be
Old 16 Apr 2009, 08:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by millar View Post
Cheer's mate I'm well chuffed. no I didnt mate looked at those but I fancied P1 Wheel's I couldnt find any cheap enough so thought I'd get the tarmac's as they look the same and were very reasonable, only problem is they've got some nasty 205 40 budget tyre's on and I want to change them when I got the dosh up toghether you got any thought's? I was thinking yokohama parada? so what scooby you got mate and what you had done?

Ben.
aha the P1 rims are the OZ WRC pretty costly...lol
tyres should be 205/45/17 88w's
some of the cheap dog crap ones that come with alloys arn't acctually that bad,had some full run things on mine when i got em,goodyear GSD pattern thinking about it they acctually gripped better than my Falkens i'm running at the mo....lol
prada's are very good as are any of the toyo range,worth remembering that the prada's are a soft compound n may not have much life expectancy..
Goodyear GSD's are very good also but can be very costly..
maybe try Falken too the 912 range is a highly recomened tyre..
Check my profie if you wanna see my shed
Old 16 Apr 2009, 08:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Sounds a nice bit of kit. Looking forward to seeing some pics
Old 16 Apr 2009, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Sounds good hope it goes well. Can't wait 4 pics
Old 16 Apr 2009, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

good luck mate should be cool when finished
Old 16 Apr 2009, 07:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

the sti 8 intercooler will probably not fit as it will not clear the idle control valve on the left and is also too tight on the bulk head also too make it fit you would have too cut the throttle body down to fit the pipe in between the cooler and throttle body it will fit the later manifold with the coil pack in the centre but is still a tight fit a better option is the sti version 6 which will fit staight in . im assuming the engine is 95 spec if you manage it let us know as i ve not seen it done before , you could go a front mount

Last edited by hanzo; 16 Apr 2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 05:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

sure a few people have made the STi8 fit?

sound good pal...i'd have gone with dot 5.1....mintex/ferodo pads and not got drilled discs (prone to cracking under heavy braking)

looking forward to pictures
Old 20 Apr 2009, 11:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Cheer's guy's Thank's for the big up's haha sorry havent reply'd for ages been away all weekend and had no internet what ever will I do without it!!!. Its going to be a long old job getting it up to standard as I'm doing most of the work myself but will deffinatley be worth it, and as soon as I've completed the old girl I will slap up some pictures to let you chap's have a look and see what you think. I have been told that a v8 top mount would fit with with some bodging, now I'm a bit unsure especially as I bought one haha!!! Would and v6 type sti cooler be a better bet then?

Cheer's Ben.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 06:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by millar View Post
Cheer's guy's Thank's for the big up's haha sorry havent reply'd for ages been away all weekend and had no internet what ever will I do without it!!!. Its going to be a long old job getting it up to standard as I'm doing most of the work myself but will deffinatley be worth it, and as soon as I've completed the old girl I will slap up some pictures to let you chap's have a look and see what you think. I have been told that a v8 top mount would fit with with some bodging, now I'm a bit unsure especially as I bought one haha!!! Would and v6 type sti cooler be a better bet then?

Cheer's Ben.
its only adapting the drivers side bracket iirc. Have you not thought about a Front Mount intercooler instead?
Old 27 Apr 2009, 11:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I have Thought about it I just like the top mount's haha thank's again chsp's I will hurry uoand get it all sorted so I can post some pictures!!
Old 28 Apr 2009, 06:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

I did have an sti 8 cooler for mine its a 95 car i looked at fitting and did some measurements and couldnt see it fitting im not saying it cant be done though it just seemed it would not go in the available space a mate cut down a throttle body for me by about a half inch but it still didnt seem to make a difference because it looked like it would still foul on the idle control valve and bulk head .A freind fitted one to his P1 it was still tight and theres a lot more room the pipe had to be trimmed down and was about the width of the jublee clip .if you have a measure up of the cooler and then the car youll see what i mean if it goes i think you will get a lot of vibration on the bulk head its that tight from memory i think the cooler is about 11 inches across the gap your going into is not much more up to the throttle body obviously with a hose inbetween i reckon if it will fit it would be wothwhile over the standard cooler and cheaper than the front mount option .Let us know how you get on