Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

MAPPING OPTIONS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2009, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

MAPPING OPTIONS

Need some help going to get my car mapped in a few months rang up a few places got a Quate for €1500 for Apexi power Fc they said I can get roughly 30bhp and 30ft ibs of torque extra from this all Apexi products went up 30% he said they werent cheap to start with then €3000 from another place you get it mapped for that launch control and anti-lag best so far rang Dublin a place called STi Tuning - Dublin, Ireland - Custom ECU Mapping - Performance Parts - Engine RebuildsSti Tuning sounds very helpfull and they seem to know what they talking about can get the ECUTEK their it accesses my own ECU and buys the licence in order to access my own Ecu and thats mapped for €950 and additonals maps will be €450 by a fella called Bob Rawle they said he comes over from the UK and he excellent do any1 know this guy and how good is he????? and off same crowd in Dublin can get the SIMTEK for €1650 stand alone Ecu and thats with launch control and anti-lag All opinions would be great cause want whats best for the car and what ye think would be best to go for and is Bob Rawle good???? Id imagine he is especially if Sti Tuning recommend him and that he would be coming over from UK to map my car. They recommed me to get a Walbro fuel pump and new Maf sensor cause they can go and get it before mapping heard this from here to my options down along the line for the car is run an exhaust from down pipe and leave in one cat for my Nct(Mot) to pass it on emissions and just an uprated panel filter that would be it. New to this mapping so any help be great cheers and finally want reliability you think id get this with anti-lag and launch control I dont think so but any suggestions be great sorry for long post

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 28 Mar 2009 at 06:09 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2009, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: MAPPING OPTIONS

hello mate bob rawle is one of the top mappers in england,alone with simon at jolly green monster he does all my mapping and all of the boys at hampshire subaru the list goes on with simon give him a call his number is
07912872581 or have a look at his web site i think he is coming over to you soon to map around 10 cars
some scooby club you have over there would save you alot to get it done
while he is over.recommend you upgrading your fuel pump now dont wait
for map,simon sometimes carries second hand apexi and simtek ecu's,give him a call you will not regret it is very helpful and what he does not know
about mapping and ecu's is not worth knowing
hope this helps martin
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Cheers Martin definetly going with Bob so thats great to hear great info as for the launch control and anti-lag what you think?
Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Yes Darren, Bob rawle is one of the top mappers.

Old 28 Mar 2009, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002pete View Post
Yes Darren, Bob rawle is one of the top mappers.
Great to hear
Old 29 Mar 2009, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

all depends what ecu you go for darren some do not have them,if you go for simtek then if it was me i would go for it your best bet will be to ask bob
what he thinks,he will be checking your engine as he mapps listening for any bad sounds if any[fingers crossed mate]let us know how you get on
are you doing rolling road or live mapping go for live mapping its good fun and you can fill the car change as you drive as in gain power
Old 29 Mar 2009, 05:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Bob Rawle is a really top bloke. he mapped my car. totally trust worthy. when i first went for a mapping session at his home in swindon, after about an hour of setting up my car and initally going out on the road he did some boost and power increases and my clutch began slipping and would not take it. we went back to his house he took his equipment off my car, i was gutted. he only does about 3 sessions on the weekend this way. he could have charged me for his time and the session, but he did not charge me a penny. he said that i go to API engines and get an uprted cclutch, and come back one evening to complete the mapping. a gentleman to say the least.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 05:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

get it mapped on the road. it's good fun trying to hold different levels of boost. i ended up doing runs in 3rd gear to see performance tinmings. i drove home from bob's in a totally different car, - worth every penny.

go to the bottom of this page on Bob Rawles website and it gives you price of simtek ecu's inclusive of installation and mapping. it also tells you what the sim tek does,,,.......just about everything BRDevelopments

Last edited by brumbrum; 29 Mar 2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 06:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyfield View Post
let us know how you get on
are you doing rolling road or live mapping go for live mapping its good fun and you can fill the car change as you drive as in gain power
I will think it the live mapping he said I can drive the car when he sorting the map to get the best outa it
Old 29 Mar 2009, 06:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumbrum View Post
get it mapped on the road. it's good fun trying to hold different levels of boost. i ended up doing runs in 3rd gear to see performance tinmings. i drove home from bob's in a totally different car, - worth every penny.

go to the bottom of this page on Bob Rawles website and it gives you price of simtek ecu's inclusive of installation and mapping. it also tells you what the sim tek does,,,.......just about everything BRDevelopments
Great info their
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

anti lag sounds great not sure about launch control...be a bit of a gimmick wouldn't it?
Old 30 Mar 2009, 10:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat View Post
anti lag sounds great not sure about launch control...be a bit of a gimmick wouldn't it?
Both sounds great but Iam just thinking of wear n tear on diffs for launch control and turbo for anti-lag but if id did get this wouldnt use them that much so thinking would it be worth getting them
Old 31 Mar 2009, 09:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

The anti lag will do more damage then launch control imho
Old 31 Mar 2009, 10:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

O/E tubby won't last long if Anti Lagg is goin to be used,if you want that best bet is to get a bigger stronger turbo n this is where the money spending starts to get stupid...lol
Old 31 Mar 2009, 10:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat View Post
i've driven 4 cars with Lauch control,i don't rate it at all,get better starts just by side stepping the clutch and planting the loud pedal