Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

FUEL PUMP WHINE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Mar 2009, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

FUEL PUMP WHINE

Alrite everyone my fuel pump whinning now and again never heard of this in imprezas and when I replaced fuel pumps before they normaly just go and not work but dont know weather its the lack off sound deadening in mine or what but can hear fuel pump whining now and again this has started about 6mths ago and still working great might have just ginxed myself now and it will break but do some people hear theirs whining somtimes aswell or ye think its on the way out?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2009, 02:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: FUEL PUMP WHINE

Mines always done it too Darren. I just put it down to the lack of sound proofing as car is fuelling fine and replaced fuel filter etc.

Problem with RA's is that they are great but they make you way paranoid because you can hear every little knock, squeak, clunk and whine from every part of the car.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 07:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiimpreza1984 View Post
Alrite everyone my fuel pump whinning now and again never heard of this in imprezas and when I replaced fuel pumps before they normaly just go and not work but dont know weather its the lack off sound deadening in mine or what but can hear fuel pump whining now and again this has started about 6mths ago and still working great might have just ginxed myself now and it will break but do some people hear theirs whining somtimes aswell or ye think its on the way out?
Does it happen in any pattern? When car starts from cold, when car starts from hot, when car has been stood after a 'hot' run... etc etc... is it related to fuel levels etc etc... Make a note of when it happens, environmental conditions, ambient temp, etc etc

If no pattern emerges and fueling ok... then dont worry!

Hope this helps buddy

Cymru am byth

Erin go bra
Old 21 Mar 2009, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Mines always done it too Darren. I just put it down to the lack of sound proofing as car is fuelling fine and replaced fuel filter etc.
Its all good so great
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Problem with RA's is that they are great but they make you way paranoid because you can hear every little knock, squeak, clunk and whine from every part of the car.
Thats so true you hear the smallest of things
Old 21 Mar 2009, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby248 View Post
Does it happen in any pattern? When car starts from cold, when car starts from hot, when car has been stood after a 'hot' run... etc etc... is it related to fuel levels etc etc... Make a note of when it happens, environmental conditions, ambient temp, etc etc

If no pattern emerges and fueling ok... then dont worry!

Hope this helps buddy

Cymru am byth

Erin go bra
Ya it can come and go any weather and it can be their when engine cold and first start up or when engine warmed up or if you just went for a spin and if stopped at traffic lights it can whine, its intermitent comes and goes, fueling seems 100% so cheers was just odd I never heard one whine before I wont worry about it so