Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

STI 06-07 Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2009, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

STI 06-07 Question

Hi All

Just bought a 06 STI hawkeye and there seems to be a lot of talk that they give problems with gaskets blowing etc... any truth in this?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: STI 06-07 Question

Hear a lot of stories from people somtimes mostly bad never the good I got told by mechanics I know a lot of imprezas are troublesome but they see a lot of bad I'am a Mechanic myself got told bottom end bearings go in classics this and that and so on but I have mine nearly a year now and tip wood 100% tank god no problems all good so dont belive everything you hear I heard it to and decided I wanted an sti and as I said no problems can have problems in any car once the car had a good service history and the previous driver/s took care of it it be great dont wory about it fella its not all bad
Old 19 Mar 2009, 03:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thanks for the response, I guess you right.. I reckon these things can happen if you constantly redlining the car....

Yeah, bought the car from an old man who really looked after the car and so far I am happy. Touch wood and hope nothing bad happens...
Old 19 Mar 2009, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

alot of impreza's are starting to get old, you name any car that doesn't have a good number of gaskets go after ten years?

scoobs in general are very reliable, well looked after they'll see the far side of 150k miles. tends to be when people buy cheap ones then wonder y things go wrong the reputation occurs
Old 19 Mar 2009, 03:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Absolutely, I tend to agree with you there. There is no such thing a good bargain with a Scooby, you pay for what you get...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidgy View Post
alot of impreza's are starting to get old, you name any car that doesn't have a good number of gaskets go after ten years?

scoobs in general are very reliable, well looked after they'll see the far side of 150k miles. tends to be when people buy cheap ones then wonder y things go wrong the reputation occurs
Old 19 Mar 2009, 11:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidgy View Post

So true a fella that use to come into the garage here has an impreza turbo they 140k miles on it and from day one he drove the ass outa the poor car and it still going strong mind you he services it regurley from us in the past but you be surprised how much stick imprezas can take but he does go to far in his car so if that car can take it any impreza can
Old 19 Mar 2009, 11:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenyn View Post
Thanks for the response, I guess you right.. I reckon these things can happen if you constantly redlining the car....

Yeah, bought the car from an old man who really looked after the car and so far I am happy. Touch wood and hope nothing bad happens...
Say you got a good'un their I wouldnt worry about your car