Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

MY95 WRX????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2009, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

MY95 WRX????

Hello every one im still a bit wet behind the ears as scooby ownership is concerned. Ive done a fair bit of research on the net and with books but I really want piece of mind that the car im taking ownership of is what it is. Im getting the car from my uncle who has loved it for the last 5 years and has work done to bring it up to the 310bhp mark, he assures me that it is a wrx import from japan, hence it is a 2.0 gl on the log book. The wing mirrors and the door handles are color coordinated and it has vented disc brakes all round and the airel is on the passenger side rear by the spoiler. Inside it has black or dark grey and light grey interior bucket seats. Well guys thats all I can think of like, I say im 100% sure its a wrx But because he's gone away in it for a couple of days ive got know way of checking for sure and I never really paid much attention over the years when I drove it just knew I loved the way it went and handled and that I wanted it lol, so if there is anything that ive missed or need to look for let me know will greatly appriciate it. sorry if this is a stupid request I felt I could ask on this site as every one seems really friendly here and have had some unhelpfull answers and remarks on other sites as a newcomer. Cheers thanks for taking the time to read my drivel haha. Ben xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by millar; 18 Mar 2009 at 03:18 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: MY95 WRX????

Quote:
Originally Posted by millar View Post
it is a 2.0 gl on the log book. The wing mirrors and the door handles are color coordinated and it has vented disc brakes all round and the airel is on the passenger side rear by the spoiler. Inside it has black or dark grey and light grey interior bucket seats. Well guys thats all I can think of like, I say im 100% sure its a wrx
Hi Ben.

The model code will tell you if it's a WRX import. You will find the code on the VIN plate.

Link: Impreza Applied Model/Engine Codes

Old 18 Mar 2009, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: MY95 WRX????

Cheers mate thanks for the information. Ben