Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Break in attempt on my WRX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Mar 2009, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Break in attempt on my WRX

Hi everyone, I've only had my Impreza WRX a week and already someone has attempted to break into it. I left the vehicle overnight outside a friends unit on an industrial estate in haverhill(Suffolk)
I got back to find the the car still there which i thought was a bonus but noticed the drivers lock had been screwdrivered, they've also had a go at the frame in an attempt to get the window open.
I'm guessing the alarm went off or someone passed as it's a busy through route.
Thankfully they have done little paintwork damage with the screwdriver.
They are obviously amatuers as i'm sure a brick would have got them through the window ;-)

Happy days.

Andy
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2009, 06:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: Break in attempt on my WRX

sorry to hear fcuking cocks, hope they get what they deserve
Old 14 Mar 2009, 07:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

a**eholes mate! keep positive all will sort itself out and enjoy the delights of owning a scoob!
Old 14 Mar 2009, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

The Pr**ks that drives me mad you love to catch um just for 5mins they never walk again
Old 14 Mar 2009, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Glad you aint had it robbed mate,but really leaving a scooby on a lonely industrial estate is a bit dodgy. Thieves are breaking into peoples houses and robbing the keys so leaving it where you did ,some scallywag might be tempted to have a go. I am not having a go at you mate, but chances are if it had been parked outside your own house theres a fair chance you might have heard them, and dealt out some justice of your own. capiche'

Last edited by slider; 14 Mar 2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 12:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Sorry about that mate, but at least they were too incompetent to finish the job and drive it away.

What is it about the UK? Here in Japan I could leave my car outside my house with the door open all night and keys in the ignition and be certain it would be there in the morning. I'm deadly serious. I've parked in the 'dodgy' areas of Tokyo overnight with no alarm or immobilizer on my car (insurance don't require it and i would get no discount for having it) and it's always been there in the morning. It's my MTB I have to worry about over here.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 01:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Sorry about that mate, but at least they were too incompetent to finish the job and drive it away.

What is it about the UK? Here in Japan I could leave my car outside my house with the door open all night and keys in the ignition and be certain it would be there in the morning. I'm deadly serious. I've parked in the 'dodgy' areas of Tokyo overnight with no alarm or immobilizer on my car (insurance don't require it and i would get no discount for having it) and it's always been there in the morning. It's my MTB I have to worry about over here.
Really you could with a big city like Tokyo crime would be mad good to hear do over here is as bad as the UK to but I always try to watch where I park Id always head to a multi storey car park at night if I was heading to town and not drinking wouldnt dare to leave it side of the road cause some jealous c**t would prob key it
Old 15 Mar 2009, 01:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post

Really you would thing with a huge city like Tokyo crime would be mad good to hear do over here is as bad as the UK to but I always try to watch where I park Id always head to a multi storey car park at night if I was heading to town and not drinking wouldnt dare to leave it side of the road cause some jealous c**ts would prob key it
Old 15 Mar 2009, 01:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post
Glad you aint had it robbed mate,but really leaving a scooby on a lonely industrial estate is a bit dodgy. Thieves are breaking into peoples houses and robbing the keys so leaving it where you did ,some scallywag might be tempted to have a go. I am not having a go at you mate, but chances are if it had been parked outside your own house theres a fair chance you might have heard them, and dealt out some justice of your own. capiche'
Agree Totally,if i left my car not necessarily the scooby just any car overnight round here on a industrial estate i`d half expect trouble,place before last i worked at they were broke into overnight 3 times within about 3 months didnt get much though stuff were pretty useless to sell on(cleanroom stuff wipes/mats/gloves/antistatic fabrics etc)ended up takin 2 microwaves out the canteen on seperate occasions first time were just a look round.

Then the last place i worked (the ind estate adjoined a council estate),were a plastics factory an we had solid aluminium die plates for vacuum forming stuff, had moved them out into the yard (werent obvious at all and were hidden) and in broad daylight someone backed their car up the yard an started loading their car up-police caught em as they ran off leaving a kid in the car(mad).

On a seperate occasion 2 lads were seen after a resident who`s house backed onto our factory noticed em on the roof nicking the lead flashing at about 2 in the afternoon on a weekday,first we knew were when the copper turned up to investigate,i`d been out we the van an never noticed owt when i came bk in.

An as for scrap it got to the stage where if ever you wanted rid of something just leave it in the yard as ya`d know every wkend someone would be in an take it.

Used to get alot of vandalism aswell,had a 40ft container that were being used for storage broke into an set on fire and other fires set-were just something aswell as broken windows that after a while ya got used to hearing about on a monday morning(had 3buildings on same estate were usually something happening at one of em)

Know you`ve gotta leave em somewhere sometimes and that some tuners are on ind estates,but shit like thats always on my mind as a possibility when ive left mine places before.(i just worry too much though)

Mate of mines just had a std mk2 golf nicked off his drive in mansfield car were probably only worth 200 Police wanted 150 off him to get it bk as it had been recovered by them and supposedly forensics had been round it,andys told em to keep it an scrap it.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I hadn't planned to leave it there overnight, I left it there thinking I would have been back later in the afternoon to pick it up. The day didn't go as planned so ended up going home in another car and it would have been a couple of hours round trip to collect it.
I wouldn't normally have left anything like that in such a vulnerable place.
It is a busy cut through round the town so i hoped it would have a fair amount of passing traffic.

Nevermind, whats done is done. I have got a new lock and door handle so will get it repaired Monday. Thanks all for the kind comments. Andy
Old 16 Mar 2009, 07:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

Glad ya gettin it sorted mate.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Sorry to read what's happened to your car. As said before "What goes around comes around". It is so true. Glad your getting it sorted and you've got many miles of 'big grin' driving ahead of you with your new car.

Enjoy!