Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Samco Hoses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2004, 09:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Administrator

We shall have to see what we can do - samco is like 5 mins away so maybe take a trip down there one morning and ask a few questions! :wink:
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2004, 09:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Gareth
i could be interested if the price is right :wink:
Old 21 Apr 2004, 09:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Very happy with the HKS to be honest Gears - best mod so far

Well my car is only running about 14.5psi and the HKS responds very well to whatever level of boost I use. I get a sort of chatter if I am gentle with the throttle and more of a Chirp/Whoosh when I am more heavy footed. The thing to remember with the HKS is it is different to the conventional design....it has dual stage pull type relief valves rather than a push design that don't leak under boost conditions or under idle vacuum. The valve is actuated by pressure alterations to ensure a quick primary and secondary valve response. One valve is used when light throttle and the other when using heavy throttle. To me it sounds like your valve is doing what the HKS is doing. How does the car drive tho' ?
Thanks for the info Nelson, that really helps (I've been thinking about buying a new BOV) Well, the car drives nice when the GFB bov was set to recirc mode, but in 100% atmos mode it ran too rich. The "chatter" sound just worried me too much so I fitted the stock BOV back on again. I have to say, the stock bov does not release boost pressure as quickly as the GFB unit, but I don't hear that "chatter" sound anymore. I have also noticed some slight boost creep with the stock bov back on, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with taking off the GFB bov.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 09:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

I have tried refitting the OEM recirc valve and all I can say is :cry: not good - Laggy as hell with it fitted. I think that it was opening to early and leaking boost however put HKS back on and smiles are back

I have just received the recirc kit for the HKS (bought it just in case) so have this as a back up plan if fueling issues etc should arise....so far tho so good.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 10:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

I wonder if the stock recirc valve for your car is the same as mine? I'm pretty sure the bov on the US WRX is similar to the first generation Mitsu Eclipse/Talon bov.

The best performing bov I have seen was on my friends WRX, he had the TXS RFL on a Blitz front mount intercooler. That thing released pressure fast, and very loudly! :wink: