Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Some Advice Please?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jan 2009, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Question Some Advice Please?

Helloo all,

Just got my first Silver 04 Impreza WRX 2.0 with Propack - Nice

BUT got a couple of questions i know you lot can answer

The clutch seems really high is this normal?

When i'm changing from 2nd to 3rd gear the car either revs a little or seems to lunge forward slightly, is this normal? The clutch seems to be biting fine but the gear changes in general are a bit notchy. Not sure if being a woman i just can't use a clutch properly There is such a big difference from the Vectra SRI i was driving, no comparison, but wonder if i just need to get used to the whole new way of driving!!

When will guys in all manner of vehicles ranging from sports cars to vans stop wanting a race or to watch me blow them away

I am going back to the dealer but just thought i would run this past you guys as your experts

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Some Advice Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharmore View Post
Just got my first Silver 04 Impreza WRX 2.0 with Propack - Nice
Yes, Very Nice indeed!

Quote:

When i'm changing from 2nd to 3rd gear the car either revs a little or seems to lunge forward slightly, is this normal? The clutch seems to be biting fine but the gear changes in general are a bit notchy. Not sure if being a woman i just can't use a clutch properly There is such a big difference from the Vectra SRI i was driving, no comparison, but wonder if i just need to get used to the whole new way of driving!!
People have mentioned the biting point being a bit high on Imprezas before. Can't say I've noticed it being high but it sure isn't low. As for the notchiness, I'm afraid the Impreza boxes are just built that way. Mine is very notchy, especially 2nd to 3rd, but I'm used to it now and it doesn't bother me anymore. As for women drivers, no comment.

Quote:
When will guys in all manner of vehicles ranging from sports cars to vans stop wanting a race or to watch me blow them away
That would involve a level of maturity way beyond the average bloke I'm afraid. And besides, when in Rome and all that . . .
Old 21 Jan 2009, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

As wayne says boxes are notchy though had a mate with a high mileage 97 classic and that felt great, not sure if in general the older ones were better or wether it was the obvious wear/mileage.

Mines a right pain still to get in reverse,not always but usually have to get it nearly in then let clutch up slightly an it`l drop in.
Old 21 Jan 2009, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Helloo all,
the gear changes in general are a bit notchy.
3)When will guys in all manner of vehicles ranging from sports cars to vans stop wanting a race or to watch me blow them away
In my sti version 6 classic my biting point in my clutch was fairly high when I put in an original new clutch it was the same so hope that answers your question once the clutch is not slipping it should be ok

As Wayne said the boxes are fierce notchy especially my 3rd aswell my 2nd gear a small bit only but would notce it more in 3rd

As for the 3rd point tell me about it will they ever grow up I wouldnt waste my petrol on them
Old 22 Jan 2009, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Thanks for your replies guys

You have made me laugh out loud

To be honest i wasn't to bothered about this but my hubby was - he should know better so he should. After i wrote this post he took the car out for a nice little spin, came back with a massive grin (you know the one i mean) and said that clutch and gearbox are absolutely fine! He has forced me to book into the dealer too, they'll think i'm a right nutter

Right so now i know all is ok i can concentrate on is visiting the petrol station a lot and cleaning my new hobby eh uk dave?

And as for boy/men racers you never know i might turn into a girl racer once i get used to this animal lol!! But like you say save my petrol for when i want to use it

Cheers again