Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

What New Subaru Would You Like To See?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jan 2009, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

What New Subaru Would You Like To See?

If I was buying a new car, I wondered if there was anything in the Subaru range that might tempt me. What shocks me is how humdrum and ordinary the Subaru car range is. I find it hard to see how they can sell enough cars to survive. With the newish Impreza, they are only now beginning to ham up the bodykit sufficiently to make it look special with the most recent STis, but the rest of the imprezas look really boring. The Legacy has appeal from a technical point of view, but is dull-looking. I can see more merit to the Forester, although it doesn't do anything more than its competitors.

So, if I ran Subaru, what would I make in 2009? To me, Subaru should take inspiration from the new VW Scirocco. I think they need a stylish but aggressive-looking 4X4 coupe which is cheap to buy and very rapid. I think that a small manufacturer needs to build vehicles which stand out, not blend in, so an outstanding coupe would fit in well.

What would you build if you ran Subaru?

Howard
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2009, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Re: What New Subaru Would You Like To See?

Thats a great question(you sure you dont work for subaru)

Styling/performance/handling-gotta be honest ive never been in a std impreza wether it be an sti or anything that std were a complete package.

Mate took me in an evo5 around the time i`d just bought my scooby and ive gotta be honest comparing it to my uk turbo were worlds apart.

When i sell mine the chances are it`l be for an evo.This is where the problem lies i guess.

What would i build if i were subaru .........a 4x4 saloon again dont try and improve the existing impreza put it out of its misery-i think i`ll kill myself if they do a facelift version of it.

Subaru need to look at where there customer base is-what do their customers want from a car.

When i first picked mine up were like wow i cant believe ive got one and felt really special-can honestly say based on already owning a classic none of the later imprezas would make me feel like that.

Theyre just a bit soft looking, like you say definately need a more agressive look and a sportier interior somehow,would just be nice to see something different for a change would have to be a saloon for me though.

Just take a basic classic shell and make everything better you`d have a winner for me-different and modern enough to look cool but have inherent features that let you know where it came from.(oh and a front mount intercooler would be a great idea as std ffs mitsubishi`s been fitting em for yrs pmsl)
Old 11 Jan 2009, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: What New Subaru Would You Like To See?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave View Post
Theyre just a bit soft looking, like you say definately need a more agressive look and a sportier interior somehow
True would be great a scoob with front of an EVO 9 great agressive looking car one came behind me one night looks mean in rear view mirror and in day time to
Offline   Reply With Quote