Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Subaru Impreza ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jan 2009, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Subaru Impreza ??

im interested in buying a impreza but the model with 218hp..
but everyone tells me that impreza has a weak engine.... i have no experience with subaru so i have no idea
so can anyone help me with this ? is this true?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2009, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: Subaru Impreza ??

hello im on my 3rd scooby and no proplems with any so far touch woodfirst two uk turbos both with over 100,000 on the clocks and no proplems at all, now ive a jdm sti running 350bhp and still as sweet as a nut,some people on this site have had proplems but you get that with all makes of cars.good luck
Old 04 Jan 2009, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I have an Sti v6 Ra got it with 53k miles and it bearly over 60k miles and tip wood its 100% a fella use come into garage where I worked and they was 120k miles on his impreza turbo and the same driver drives the neck outa the car and he had no problems, then theirs another guy and his wrx is in the dealers all the time getting fixed think it comes down to luck really previous drivers of the car and how well serviced it is but true as said above you can have problems with any car....................
Old 04 Jan 2009, 10:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

Gearbox rebuild at 33,000mile on mine(full subaru service history to that point),2 engine rebuilds on a mate lee`s before 45,000mile-2 owners from new(same family) full subaru service history and about 5 mates who`ll never buy another -seriously lol.

Truth is i find its a bit of a lottery as to wether ya get a good one or a bad one-thing is now though with the prices as they are ya going to get a few owners cutting corners on servicing-not good.

Being totally honest out of maybe 7 scoobys can only think of one that were no trouble at all even though it`d done about 90,000mile when he sold it(though the latter 20k were done by his missus going to work in it-she were a bit steady)

If i`d have been on the scooby forums first before buying one-hand on heart probably wouldnt have bought one-dont regret it however think the chances of finding one thats little trouble are very slim and i`d come from a line of older though reliable cars.

Think i`d av been looking at 3Door cossies as evo 6`s at the time were out of my price range (had this 5yrs)an didnt like much else.