Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

how much ya paying thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Dec 2008, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

how much ya paying thread

As title suggests + how much ya paying lol.
It's fast approaching that time of year again when i need to renew my insurance. To be honest i f'kin hate dealing with most of them as they mostly only seem interested in taking your money and not a lot else! ( am still waiting to hear from norwich union regarding the outcome of my neighbour reversing into my misses in our old vr6........in december '07!!! ) Nice!

Anyway after spending the best part of 2hr's wasting my time on the phone to budget ( who's call centre is conveniently located in India ) tonight i'm fast losing the will to live so any recommendation's for decent price broker's would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance, Tom.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2008, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
re: how much ya paying thread

370 fully comp with 300 excess no legal protection, with hire car(im 35 tho 3points full NCB)had to piss about ringing them though as my renewal quote were more than the quote i got online off em,even then i think liverpool victoria were cheaper so they matched it near enough.

My initial renewal came at about 100 more than last yr-were like err dont think this is right.

Been with direct line all the while ive owned the scooby-ya gotta have tracker of some sort though.In fact bin with em since i had my 106gti,theyre rarely any aggro and straight forward when ya do need them-cant fault em really for me,theyre usually amongst the cheapest.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

ADMIRAL direct
iam with 27years old no points and its midges widge over 600pounds and 250 excess
fully comp.

2002 wrx import.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

mine's with esure. i'm 35 with 6 points, full no claims. 490 fully comp with a hefty excess of 500, but thats with the mrs on the policy too

Last edited by tom73; 16 Dec 2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 11:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Iam 24 driving sti v6 ra and my insurance fully comp €997 no points thank god and 6years no cliams bonus.................. not bad here really insurance can be pretty pricey here
Old 17 Dec 2008, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

give gary moulson at keith micheals a ring 02086427868
Old 17 Dec 2008, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Scooby

498 full comp protected,with admiral,250 excess,legal cover,48yrs young with the wife on the policy on an 04 sti uk. therere were cheaper policies but not with the same cover ,nearly forgot,no points.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 01:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Cheers for reply's guy's. I hadn't seen the other threads about insurance so thank's for that.
I am slowly losing the will to live with trying to re-insure the car. I was with the rac but their renewal was 600 which is nearly 100 more than last year?!?
I did a quote on line with Budget which came out @420 so i phoned them to take them up on the offer. Hot-line to India to be told that the could do it a bit cheaper, 30 cheaper in fact! Delighted. I happily accepted to be told that i'd have to go through to the customer sevices dept for them to take payment as i didn't want the insurance to start until mine expired on the 4th of jan. Good news though, the customer services department should be able to reduce the price further?!
As you can imagine by now im feeling pretty pleased with life......hotline to India number two.....am now told that the operative that passed me through didn't save the quote so they will have to re-do it. No problem.......Quote now comes out @550???? By now i'm getting a little upset. Ask to be put through to a supervisor to be told they can't do that but they can get one to ring me back within 24hrs. Spend another 10mins going mental on the phone and getting no-where so gave up.....and rang back in the hope of speaking to someone different. Speak to someone different who had to re-do the quote again to be told, wait for it, 780????? Totaly lost the plot by now and given up. No call back from a supervisor ( surprise surprise ) and it's been 48hrs.
Funny thing is now, if i try to get a quote online from Budget they wont quote me! There's a problem with my quote and i need to ring them apparently. Triffic.
Cheapest i've found since is esure. Me and the mrs insured fully comp on a '94 wrx ( i'm 29 she's 26 and only been driving two years ) 500 all in BUT the 600 excess is scaring me a bit!
I just get so pissed off making phone call after phone call and getting no-where. Should have bought a uk! Bout 120 cheaper to insure! ( i'd miss the ponies too much i recon lol ).
Old 19 Dec 2008, 09:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

You'll not believe what I have to pay. I'm 32, have about 40% ncb and I pay 650 a year, wait for it, 3rd party fire and theft.

I have to pay the first $250 of any pay out they make on top of that. Fully comp would cost me a cool 1500. Apparently STi's, Evo's and Skylines are about the only cars that get stolen here hence the high cost. Even with security (mine has only the locks it left the factory with) theyd only knock $50 off so not worth the cost of a clifford. They'd knock more off (100) if the car had ABS.

To be fair though, mate of mine had his Skyline R33 (450 Bhp) stolen from a couple of miles down the road. Was found but was a burnt out husk, so the company paid him the full amount it was insured for. If mine gets nicked I'll pocket about 7,500 that being the case which isn't too bad.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

SHOCKER
That's not good?!? How come you live in Tokyo mate? Or are from Tokyo and have damn good diction lol. Tell me to piss off and mind my own business if you like
Old 19 Dec 2008, 11:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I use Groupama through a broker called Tett Hamilton. I pay 630, fully comp with NCB protection and the car had to have a tracker fitted. The car has the Prodrive Performance pack which means it's been mod'd to the many insurers I have spoken to. Tetts were great to speak to. I'm 39, clean license.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 11:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Wife's Japanese mate. Came out here for a year for work and ended up meeting my wife. From Brighton originally.

Not a bad place to live and Tokyo is hands down the coolest most exciting place I've ever been in my life. Really want to come home now though but gotta wait another year.
Old 20 Dec 2008, 05:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_sammie_x View Post
hiya. just a word of advice , norwich union... yes they are cheap BUT PLEASE OH PLEASE DONT GO WITH THEM!!!
there useless you cant understand a word they are saying and they dont keep you informed with anything it was my hire car people that told me what was going on.....
so please dont go with them there useless!

Have them here in Ireland to they wouldnt do you any favours rang them up and they wanted 1300 fully comp got it with quinn for 997 in my sti v6 ra
Old 21 Dec 2008, 04:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Young Scooby

mines 1150 fully comp for my scoobaru impreza 2.0 turbo 2000
Old 21 Dec 2008, 08:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_sammie_x View Post
hiya. just a word of advice , norwich union... yes they are cheap BUT PLEASE OH PLEASE DONT GO WITH THEM!!!
there useless you cant understand a word they are saying and they dont keep you informed with anything it was my hire car people that told me what was going on.....
so please dont go with them there useless!

I feel you knocking!! I was with Norwich union when my neighbour reversed into our car. They still havn't sorted it out yet. Kept telling me 'the good news' that my neighbours insurers were offering a 50-50 and i kept telling them to f*ck off. So the last thing i hear is when they asked me if i wanted to go to court to settle the claim to which i said yep, bring it on! That was the last i heard from them.........the accident happened on the eighth of December 2007.
Delighted as you can imagine. I really ought to chase them up but get so frustrated with spending an hour on the phone being passed from department to department ( all of which are in India ) to eventually be cut off and have to start the process all over again. Absolute waste of time. They're just a bunch of money grabbing bar-stewards but then, they're all the same imo. Once they've got your dollar they don't want to know.