Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

crashed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Dec 2008, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

crashed

Ok i joined this site last night.. then alot of snow fell... then i hit a car sliding cos the abs kicked in at 5mph..... front wings goosed prob need 2 doors aswell...... i cried

ive only had the car 4 weeks...... even when i let off the brakes and i wasnt putting the pedal through the floor either the car just kept sliding....

car is away tomorrow for fixing plus 600 of excess money deep joy

gutted
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2008, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Re: crashed

Gutted for you mate,there is never a good time to smash your car up,but with xmas looming you must be choked. I disconnected the abs on my legacy gt as i felt more comfortable stopping the car by being able to lock the wheels. Abs wont save you when your in a slide,Hope you get it sorted and just put it down to bad luck mate.
Old 02 Dec 2008, 06:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

cheers man.. the car will def need a new driver front wing drivers door and pass dooer.. and the bumpers re sprayed... so deep joy.... the car is worth 14k so i wouldnt think there would be any probs... the doors are wee bits but have a crease...
Old 02 Dec 2008, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Nasty mate, gutted for you.
Old 03 Dec 2008, 06:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Bad luck mate ive been there myself i wrote one car off 3rd party fire and theft (an old car like), and i've also crashed 1 brand new motorbike with 300 mlies on it it was n't even 2 wks old, and another bike not even a day old. Gutted i was on all occasions as i forked out for the repair bills not that they were huge but still around a grand a go not to mention the damage to my leathers and pride...........
Old 03 Dec 2008, 11:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

bummer sorry to hear
Old 04 Dec 2008, 11:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Young Scooby

cheers guys i appreciate your support...

car went away to the doctors last night... the gus said it will be assesed but in his experience it will be repaired..... thank god

car needs

driver front wing
door
passenger door
rear 1/4
2 bumpers

there in no damage to the chassis or drive train.. it is just body work......the car cost 14k and they repair to 75% of value so i wouldnt think it will cost 10k to repair

the only bit that is bad is the front wing i though they would repair the rest but they say they replace any panel regardless of the damage is slight and can be knocked out

5mph smash... i wouldnt feel so bad if i was driving like a wanker because i would accept it... but i was on an ungritted unploughed road... just kept sliding

deep joy
Old 04 Dec 2008, 03:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Yes mate them insurance companies always do use new parts and replace broken ones rather than repair them thats why it is so easy to write something off. But in the real world of knocking out dints and sourcing 2nd hand parts etc, you can do it alot cheaper thats why alot of cars that haved been written off end up back on the rd. When i fixed up my bikes i would always use ebay or breakers and save myself a fortune.
Old 05 Dec 2008, 05:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Young Scooby

well looks like they are fixing my scobby..

body shop say it will cost 2.5k and with the cars value being well over that it looks like i will get her back... still gotta hear from insurance company tho

I was gutted when she went, and thought to myself that she looked amazing from the good side going on the trailor....

i will hold off with mods for a while need to get my ncb back 1st

has anyone else had experience of losing ncb on a scobby and how much more did it cost them the following year....

i had 3 years and was payng 515 with 600 excess also had to have a tracker which did bring my insurance down from 1500

thanks for all your support
Old 05 Dec 2008, 06:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Got no experience with car claims but on my bike crash where i wrote it off and had no choice but to claim my insurance never went up to re-insure my replacement bike infact it went down then when i chaged address it went up by a grand.....................i would n't care the replacement bike was a higher insurance group brand new as apposed to 1 year old and alot faster?????????????? So i aint got a clue how they work it. I just think they make it up as they go along i have had some right hassel and been scammed out of money off them loads theif's that they are.......
Old 09 Dec 2008, 04:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

My back end flew out on the roundabout the other day on ice and nearly lost it, remember "If in doubt flat out"
Old 13 Dec 2008, 12:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

sorry to hear about that boy.

i bought mine brand new last september, then on christmas eve some b4stard pulled out on me.
i know your pain.
Old 30 Dec 2008, 04:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Young Scooby

been away on the rigs for 4 weeks and my wrx is home and fixed

3.5k worth of repairs and 600 excess

but i got her back....

now need to put on the induction kit get a back box and a dv... i know but i like dumpvalves

i especially need a new stereo and speakers cos the stock ones are rubbish
Old 31 Dec 2008, 05:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

If youre after decent priced stereo stuff try these two places

(not long bought a headunit and speakers for my other car from car audio direct meself but theyre both cheap in certain areas)

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/home.html

Car Audio Direct for car stereo, navigation and audiovisual electronics.
Old 31 Dec 2008, 10:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Send a message via AIM to SCOOBYDEUX

Hi, we crashed at 06:50 on 02/12 going into industrial estate where we work. We have/had identical wrx bugeyes. First car lost control immediately upon entering into the estate and smashed into sign, 2nd car lost it and hit first car. Totally gutted 2 cars on one towtruck! Just spent a fortune on full professional stereo install 2 weeks earlier (both cars). One car has 6,400 of damage and had been written off, bought back from insurance though. Other car has been given 3,700 towards the repair. Now driving a 300 Honda Civic - must have been a black day for scoobs.

I had 14 years no claims but the insurance have reduced it to 3 years so not lost all NCB.