Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

HOW TO DESCRIBE A STI RA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Nov 2008, 02:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

HOW TO DESCRIBE A STI RA

Have my STI V6 RA now awhile delighted with it. Dont have comforts like air con, electric windows, abs, and tiny outside mirriors you have to move the mirrior itself to adjust them and little sound deadening all to save weight but came from an Integra Type R DC2 and they are not very comfortable either but at end of the day if you want comfort buy a normal STI or WRX. This is a more raw and hardcore car and designed for track. It feels more faster than my friends 04 STI his standard to and mine feels more nimble to coming into corners and with the classic RA lighter to than his 04 STI. In the wet can be a bit twitchy but saying that turning up the DCCD to green or first orange it feels a lot more stable and you can push it a bit more, even the smallest gap to over-take put her into turbo zone 3000rpm and goes like a jet (alright getting a bit carried away now with the jet thing) but saying that dont drive the neck off it all the time max id rev it to is 6500rpm and make sure she warmed up and cooled down properbly. Since i have it gave it a Full service, renewed all fluids and oils, replaced timing belt, waterpump, idier pullies and tension pulley, done clutch with the OEM replacment, flywheel didnt need to be skimmed but had to replace the spigot bearing fairly worn in flywheel. Service it in reguler intervals and must say no trouble has nearly 60k miles on it now and can never see myself changing from a RA Id love a STI SPEC C TYPE RA- R hopefully be my next one but fairly pricey here but you only live once...........................

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 08 Feb 2009 at 08:26 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2008, 03:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: HOW TO DESCRIBE A STI RA

Think you've pretty much got it spot on there Darren. Whilst it may be lacking at the top end (118mph max) there isn't a lot out there that will trouble you on the B roads, not even other scoobs or Evo's. 0-62 in 4.5 seconds aint too bad either.

Spec C RA-R is definitely the pick of all Imprezas imo. Yellow with white wheels for me.
Old 09 Nov 2008, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Spec C RA-R is definitely the pick of all Imprezas imo. Yellow with white wheels for me.

Stop be great they look mint How much lighter are the Spec C RA-R than a normal STI of same year?????

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 09 Nov 2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 07:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

I have both original brochures for the cars so i will dig them out and have a look.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 07:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Its 70 Kg lighter. STi is 1460 kg and Spec C RA-R is 1390 kg. Hawkeye WRX is lightest of the bunch though at 1360 Kg.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 05:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Its 70 Kg lighter. STi is 1460 kg and Spec C RA-R is 1390 kg. Hawkeye WRX is lightest of the bunch though at 1360 Kg.

Cool the Spec C RA-R looks great would'nt mind that even the 1390kg could strip back seats and aircon does it have aircon think it has electric windows does it????? if you would be that keen to strip weight

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 10 Nov 2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 24 Nov 2008, 06:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Am I right in thinking my 98 JDM is 1240kg???.....and 280bh standard?? Anyone know the 0-60 time on it??? Would love to know...
Old 24 Nov 2008, 09:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwillwill View Post
Am I right in thinking my 98 JDM is 1240kg???.....and 280bh standard?? Anyone know the 0-60 time on it??? Would love to know...

Is it an sti ra???? if so it round that weight, 280bhp and 0-60 =4.6-4.7secs
Old 25 Nov 2008, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Its def not an sti ra ......
But it does have red powdercoating on the engine.....also was told this model was only made for one year.....it just has wrx on it.

Have played with a few other newer brit models and it rains down muck on them........