Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

HELP WANTED URGENT.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2008, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

HELP WANTED URGENT.

Hi folks,am after some info asap plz on the automatic gearbox's in the classic wrx wagon,
ive previously owned 2 imprezas a wagon 200 and 1 96 wrx ti but both have been manual,im thinking of buying the auto one but wanted or wondered if anybody knew if thre are anygood or even if they feel the same to drve as a manual if you know awhat i mean,
plz plz plz reply someone asap as the garage shuts at 4 today and im an hr from there.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2008, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: HELP WANTED URGENT.

Hey mate,

Used to own an auto WRX wagon ('96) myself. It wasn't an awful car by any means and was plenty quick enough, but with only 220 Bhp and the auto box in you lose a good couple of seconds in the 0-60 stakes. That said once you have the revs up they do shift, and the cornering for an auto isn't that bad if you use the box and manually select gears.

However if you have owned manuals before and esp if you have owned an STi, an auto will feel like a huge step down so i would be inclined to recommend you stick with a manual. Def drive it before you even consider buying it though and see what you think. I was lucky to sell mine as nobody seems to want them over here.
Old 02 Nov 2008, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: HELP WANTED URGENT.

Id think you should stick with the manual to better driving experience with a manual plus the automatic box will make the car a little bit more thirsty for fuel but if it was me id buy the manual.........................