Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

boost tuning on uk impreza

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Oct 2008, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

boost tuning on uk impreza

hey people. i need to no some info on few things. first is i bought a uk turbo impreza (1999) an it has prodrive on the side wings. now im told things were upgraded an i have just read through a subaru guide an it says prodrive tuned up to 238bhp standard but told uk imprrezas are 208bhp i was wondering if my model has this power. (hopefully). 2nd is my car is running at 0.9 bar boosts. now there is a bleed valve that can increase the boost an it say in guide as long as under 1.25 the engine will be fine. im just wondering where this valve is to do it. im thinkin of increasing to 1.1 bar. wot u people think about these?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2008, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: boost tuning on uk impreza

you best bet is to do it safely,get it mapped by a tuner and fit an electronic boost contoller,theyn you will end up with more control of the power...
Old 23 Oct 2008, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pilot View Post
you best bet is to do it safely,get it mapped by a tuner and fit an electronic boost contoller,theyn you will end up with more control of the power...
i no i read in the book to get a boost controller but it also said it can be done an wont have to map unless it gets serious work after that. was a proper impreza book from halfords. also do u no about the prodrive if they have this much power
Old 23 Oct 2008, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by seddomyster View Post
also do u no about the prodrive if they have this much power

Hi.

If you have the Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP) upgrade on your car which comprises a reprogrammed ECU, freer-flowing exhaust system. Then you would have the 238bhp. Look for a round tip back-box with Prodrive on it and a Prodrive blue hose on the turbo

Old 23 Oct 2008, 10:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002pete View Post
Hi.

If you have the Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP) upgrade on your car which comprises a reprogrammed ECU, freer-flowing exhaust system. Then you would have the 238bhp. Look for a round tip back-box with Prodrive on it and a Prodrive blue hose on the turbo
no mate my hoses are black and exhaust was changed to a sti system. just on the arches under side repeater it has prodrive written on it. (not stickers) does the sti system have cats in system to
Old 23 Oct 2008, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by seddomyster View Post
does the sti system have cats in system to

Yes it does they have 2 one from after the turbo and other near centre section on exhaust.......................

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 23 Oct 2008 at 11:35 PM.