Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Mot-no hassle just expense.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2008, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Mot-no hassle just expense.

Took mine for its mot today-gutted i need 4 new tyres knew they were getting there to be fair just could have done without it this month-oh well......... were in 2minds wether to buy some new rims an put up with crap tyres(as a package)for a while however quite like the yokes.

Asked for good year F1 (GSD3`s) or same as ive got on parada spec 2`s-couldnt get either soon in my size so gone for paradas again(better the devil ya know an all that-though to be fair they`re a pretty good all rounder-were just curious about F1`s in the wet)

Price has worked out at 450 (fitted /valve/balance) which is about right i guess for 215/35x18`s-cant get any for a couple of weeks though.

Werent interested in T1R`s as heard they can be iffy in the wet.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 09:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Mot-no hassle just expense.

Interesting what you say about the Toyo's Dave coz I've heard the opposite. At the moment I've got Potenza RE-01's at the moment and for the money (25,000 yen a corner) they just aint that impressive in either the dry or wet imo. What do you reckon to the Paradas? New type just came out; Spec-X. Costco do them ata decent price i think so if they're OK might consider them.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2008, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

When they`re warm on a dry day i love em,used to have a play about local to me with a few mates(couple of islands local to here joined by a 1/4mile straight)lee`s wagon were about same power as mine but on average tyres-he couldnt believe how much more grip i`d got than him, cold theyre ok,and in the wet not bad-would have liked the f1`s as i were only really after a "better than what ive got" tyre in the wet,to be fair find they last quite well for yokohamas aswell-had some yokes yrs ago that were shocking in the wet these were a big improvement over them.

Gotta bear in mind my suspensions quite hard,so in the wet pretty sure it`d be twitchy no matter what were on it.(were just trying to reduce it a bit)

Forgot to say paradas virtually eliminate any road noise aswell-you`ll notice that instantly.

Last edited by uk dave; 21 Oct 2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave View Post
Forgot to say paradas virtually eliminate any road noise aswell-you`ll notice that instantly.
Thatd be a relief. RA has no sound proofing so road noise can get just a tad tiresome on long hauls. Might see how much cheaper they work out than the Toyo's then. If appreciable will get them instead, though Toyo's are still very much an option.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 08:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Interesting what you say about the Toyo's Dave coz I've heard the opposite.
I always used Toyos on my FTO and they were great in the wet. Very progressive and predictable in the dry too. Obviously a different kettle of fish car-wise (~160bhp FWD as opposed to well over 200bhp AWD) but always did me well. They were a softer compound too, so they eliminated a fair bit of road noise.

Everyone's got their faves though I guess.