Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

a bit of help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2008, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

a bit of help

can anyone advise me on the correct tyre size for my 1994 uk impreza wagon wrx it has gold 16" 5 spoke standard subaru wheels that are fitted with 225x45x16 zr i thing they shoulb be 205x50x16 but not sure
and i trying to confirm the coorect boost pressure for this vehicle it is running 1.5 bar and flys but i dont know if its been re maped so i am thinking of droping it back a bit to save the 100k mile motor i have no history with the car so i dont know the full spec or past i know it has a green induction kit de cat pipe and stainless exhaust baily dump valve and i have just found a adjustable boost valve under the bonnet the previous owner knew nothing and this is my first sccoby and i am loving it just not the petrol bill
cheers for any help
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2008, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: a bit of help

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxymoonface View Post
think they should be 205x50x16
And you are correct.

As for boost pressure not sure tbh. Can't find any info I'm afraid. Sure someone else will come along and let you know.
Old 10 Oct 2008, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

and i trying to confirm the coorect boost pressure for this vehicle it is running 1.5 bar and flys but i dont know if its been re maped so i am thinking of droping it back a bit to save the 100k mile motor i have no history with the car so i dont know the full spec or past i know it has a green induction kit de cat pipe and stainless exhaust baily dump valve and i have just found a adjustable boost valve under the bonnet the previous owner knew nothing and this is my first sccoby and i am loving it just not the petrol bill
cheers for any help [/QUOTE]

Would suggest to knock back the boost alright running a bit too high especially if it not re-mapped for to allow for that extra boost do you have a boost controller??????????????????
Old 11 Oct 2008, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

there muist be some sort of boost control, or control bypass to make it run 1.5bar, normal is aroun 0.9 to 1.0 iirc. 1.5 tends to be when its been mapped, best bet get it on a rr to be checked out.

tbh i would have thought if it wasn't mapped and running 1.5 bar then it would have blown up by now, so i'm guessing its been mapped.