Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Fuel consumption

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Apr 2008, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Fuel consumption

Was wondering if anyone knows what type of mpg I will get out of a 05 wrx sti prodrive just traded my standard wrx in for it ???? I do loads of miles a week and that was costing me a fortune I know it depend on how you drive but I will take it easy going into work and play on weekends!!!!!. Also what difference would running it on standard fuel make and would it do any damage???
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2008, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Only run on super-unleaded.

Well I think you can answer the mpg question yourself.... It won't be better than your last scooby

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 13 Apr 2008, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dide View Post
Was wondering if anyone knows what type of mpg I will get out of a 05 wrx sti prodrive just traded my standard wrx in for it ???? I do loads of miles a week and that was costing me a fortune I know it depend on how you drive but I will take it easy going into work and play on weekends!!!!!. Also what difference would running it on standard fuel make and would it do any damage???
What is standard fuel???

Try Shell

If you are conservative and easy on the pedal then you could get around 25 mpg but it really depends n how you drive. I can get anything from 15 mpg to 33 mpg

You obviously will get more on a run down the motorway at around 60mph

Rick
Old 14 Apr 2008, 05:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

i have just recently taken my 2005 wrx scoob with ppp for a run from birmingham to cambridge ,each way about 110 miles ,filled up before i set off and when i got back home took it to the shell station and was able to put 38 litres in after 229 miles .. some motorway, some main road and some playing worked out in the mid to high 20's was well impressed especailly as i used to run a diesel seat leon fr tdi before ....
Old 14 Apr 2008, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Cant grumble at that mate mind you mines pretty good on the motorway so long as i keep it off boost.
Old 14 Apr 2008, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

ye well impressed
Old 15 Apr 2008, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

You could consider buying a 1yr old little diesel for the high mileage stuff and keep the toy for the weekend, no worries about fuel economy then !
Old 15 Apr 2008, 08:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Scooby

yer could get a little run around might have to? But enjoy driving it that much and its so hard to drive it slow ?????????????
Old 16 Apr 2008, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

get a 500 nail, will save you a fortune in petrol, can then reduce the miles going on the scoob.

plus will feal like a rocket ship everytime you get in it
Old 20 Apr 2008, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Well got the car Around the doors having a little blast was getting 19-20 mpg but on a run up to scotland taking it easy most of the way got 24 mpg so it's not to bad(most of my miles are on runs and was getting 27 on my WRX). Love the car and it's amazing the difference between the standard WRX, Still think getting a nail for 500 is a good option as I don't want to put to many miles on it and it will save me some money on juice, will wait a bit though want to have some fun with it first.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 07:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dide View Post
Like you said mate, its hard to say regarding your MPG becasue we all drive differently and we all carry different loads in the car etc. That said, expect about 22 mpg max. Running the car on standard fuel will be fine if its a UK model, however, if you are going to be driving it really hard, the higher-octane rated V-Power or similair is recommended. This will help limit detonation when working the car hard and help preserve your engine.